The Student Room Group

Theresa May to become PM, Brexiters lose!

Scroll to see replies

I think it's great that our new PM sees the benefits of Sharia law.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/26/may-hails-benefits-of-sharia-as-inquiry-set-up-into-misuse-of-is/

This is what multiculturalism is all about!
Original post by nulli tertius
UKIP was a one man band and he has taken his drum and cymbals away.

There's always
Original post by PQ
There's always

A government of national salvation:-

Original post by TercioOfParma
And, when the people realises this does **** all, they will vote for UKIP.

If the electorate realize this, depends on how it's spun.

Labour tried importing votes and people think this and it cost them hugely, but in a generation or two it will pay dividends when the migrants families of 3-6 children reach voting age. You need only look at London and our new mayor, these people block vote, and they will block vote for labor and the EU, Ukip doesn't stand a chance, the indigenous are screwed.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
If the electorate realize this, depends on how it's spun.

Labour tried importing votes and people think this and it cost them hugely, but in a generation or two it will pay dividends when the migrants families of 3-6 children reach voting age. You need only look at London and our new mayor, these people block vote, and they will block vote for labor and the EU, Ukip doesn't stand a chance, the indigenous are screwed.

Well, there are already discussions in some far right circles of taking up arms, and as things go on that will only increase.
I reckon she might negotiate a Norway type deal, then put it up to the people to decide whether or not to accept it in a referendum.
Be realistic, you going to fight the police force or army with pitchforks. Nobody batted an eyelid when a Muslim was elected a mayor of our capital city, nobody is going to do squat when a dozen or so sleepy towns or boroughs become diversified and they vote in a Labour representative.

They will follow the same model, move into the local hub/city/town, white people will move to the suburbs to escape before leaving for pastures new, the process will start anew when the place becomes a crime ridden ghetto like most parts of London.

Some 67% of all violent crime is committed by black people in London, 2010, that means at least 67% of violent crime is committed by people the children of people that came here 60 odd years ago, where is the outrage, where is the 'picking up of arms'. This doesn't even factor in white foreign immigrants or Arabs.

It's all talk, not a thing will be done.

I'm not sure I agree with you here. Sure, it's a while off, but you also have to remember that a lot of these right wing people are in or are former Military.
I'm not sure I agree with you here. Sure, it's a while off, but you also have to remember that a lot of these right wing people are in or are former Military.

If they aren't going to defend the capital city, they aren't going to defend some quaint little town town or village. It wont even make the news, beyond that of labour securing another area.

You are being seriously naive, look at America, that's what we look like in a few decades, there will be no 'uprising'. We will have BLM protesters rioting and burning cities to the ground, while criminals from their communities shoot cops and target whites.While we will just flee to another area and abandon our homes, if something was going to happen it would have already.
If they aren't going to defend the capital city, they aren't going to defend some quaint little town town or village. It wont even make the news, beyond that of labour securing another area.

You are being seriously naive, look at America, that's what we look like in a few decades, there will be no 'uprising'. We will have BLM protesters rioting and burning cities to the ground, while criminals from their communities shoot cops and target whites.While we will just flee to another area and abandon our homes, if something was going to happen it would have already.

I hope I am not. However, the tensions are getting really bad there, and there have already some militia groups taking government property (Oregon I think). It will be years before we get there, we will need to be in a post-WW1 Germany style situation before anything happens, although I think that is possible.
I hope I am not. However, the tensions are getting really bad there, and there have already some militia groups taking government property (Oregon I think). It will be years before we get there, we will need to be in a post-WW1 Germany style situation before anything happens, although I think that is possible.

There is already a program in place to diversify the armed forces and the police, by the time we hit post WW1 austerity we will look like Egypt or South Africa, I hope I'm wrong, but the idea that the people of the UK or Europe are going to do anything is just too far fetched. Even at that, what can they actually do, what would the goal be ?

Mass deportation, Apartheid ?

Not in our lifetime would enough people support these ideas, I want something done and I don't support these ideas as feasible alternatives.
There is already a program in place to diversify the armed forces and the police, by the time we hit post WW1 austerity we will look like Egypt or South Africa, I hope I'm wrong, but the idea that the people of the UK or Europe are going to do anything is just too far fetched. Even at that, what can they actually do, what would the goal be ?

Mass deportation, Apartheid ?

Not in our lifetime would enough people support these ideas, I want something done and I don't support these ideas as feasible alternatives.

I don't give a **** what our country looks like provided our ideas are sane and egalitarian.
I don't give a **** what our country looks like provided our ideas are sane and egalitarian.

That's what I meant, politically, we will look like them, completely divided with Nelson Mandella's and Muslim Bortherhood's jockeying for control with identity politics. We will be the white SA's or Coptic Christians getting shafted.
That's what I meant, politically, we will look like them, completely divided with Nelson Mandella's and Muslim Bortherhood's jockeying for control with identity politics. We will be the white SA's or Coptic Christians getting shafted.

I think it will take more than 75 years to make us a minority in our own country.
I think she's secretly a Brexiteer like Corbyn. Hmm
Original post by orton6
She won't reverse the referendum, but she will get us a deal where we will basically be in the same position as if we were still in the EU (free movement, access to the single market), such as like Norway

This
Why don't politicians shut up and convert to a resource based economy?
Original post by 2016_GCSE
Why don't politicians shut up and convert to a resource based economy?

One of our main resources are universities, people coming from abroad to study. Making it easier for people to come is the crux of the problem, I may be wrong though.
Original post by nulli tertius
I didn't mean Juncker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36678222

Her line is we cannot negotiate trade deals with the EU until we have finally left. If she seriously thinks that Germany will allow its car workers to swing in the wind for more than two years she is seriously wanting.

It is perfectly obvious that in return for the UK not frustrating what the rest of EU want to do for the next 2 years, those states are going to agree to let us negotiate with third countries, deals that take effect on departure.

For as long as the UK remains in the EU, Germany and the UK share a common market. It would therefore be senseless for the UK to negotiate any trade deal with Germany alone whilst it still remains in the EU. If you're referring to the post-Brexit (after invoking article 50) period then again Germany can and will negotiate as part of the EU. It will have a prominent role anyway, there's again no reason why she should do it unilaterally.

And they couldn't possibly do that. Merkel may be the boss but she also knows how damaging it would be to the unity of the EU to go at it alone. Her eastern allies will never forgive her and we must remember it is they that have supported her in the financial crisis not Italy, France, Portugal and Spain but rather Slovakia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, etc. She owes them big and they will never accept any deal which does not include free movement of labour.
One of our main resources are universities, people coming from abroad to study. Making it easier for people to come is the crux of the problem, I may be wrong though.

Theresa May doesn't have a great track record on that.

Universities loathe her management of visas and immigration. She has seriously damaged the reputation of uk higher education around the world.
Original post by PQ
Theresa May doesn't have a great track record on that.

Universities loathe her management of visas and immigration. She has seriously damaged the reputation of uk higher education around the world.

Doesn't she know that our Universities are quite capable of damaging their reputations without her help ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending