The Student Room Group

Doxbridge (?)

I've been a bit muddled about this lately, but many people are calling 'Doxbridge' - Durham, Oxford and Cambridge, a thing now so is this statement correct or is Oxbridge still the one and only original? Since when was Durham in Oxbridge?? :confused: :curious: lol debate it out or something HAHA
I've never heard of Doxbridge... & Durham has nothing to do with Oxbridge....
Reply 2
Original post by 34908seikj
I've never heard of Doxbridge... & Durham has nothing to do with Oxbridge....

a lot of people are talking about it here lmao but okay then
Original post by serenelim
a lot of people are talking about it here lmao but okay then

Eh, I looked Doxbridge up, it's just a "sporting event" between Durham, Cambridge and Oxford, that's it really.

http://thetab.com/uk/durham/2015/10/16/doxbridge-thing-asked-oxbridge-students-20761
(edited 7 years ago)
It's not a thing, and if there were a third uni to include with Oxbridge, it wouldn't be Durham.
Reply 5
It's a thing if people say it's a thing. It's just a made-up term which tries to equate Durham with Oxford and Cambridge. If you believe that, then it's a valid term. If you don't, then it's nonsense.

I've never heard the term before this thead but apparently it was coined over fifteen years ago. Doesn't sound like it's been given much creedence - less than 6000 hits when I Google it. Not much for over a decade and a half of existence. All in all, it sounds like an embarrassing Epic Fail by Durham's PR department.
Reply 6
Durham is nowhere near as good as Oxbridge. Oxbridge goes first, then after that it's probably Imperial/LSE and maybe UCL after that.
Nah, Durham's not even close. Loxbridge or oxbridgial would be closer because LSE and Imperial are on that level however only really for their speciality subjects, and for the latter there are a lot of universities with engineering schools at or around Imperial's level.
Reply 8
Original post by 34908seikj
Eh, I looked Doxbridge up, it's just a "sporting event" between Durham, Cambridge and Oxford, that's it really.

http://thetab.com/uk/durham/2015/10/16/doxbridge-thing-asked-oxbridge-students-20761

oh wow okay thanks
Original post by serenelim
I've been a bit muddled about this lately, but many people are calling 'Doxbridge' - Durham, Oxford and Cambridge, a thing now so is this statement correct or is Oxbridge still the one and only original? Since when was Durham in Oxbridge?? :confused: :curious: lol debate it out or something HAHA

Never heard of this in my life!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending