The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spock's Socks
I have my first appointment with the new psychiatrist tomorrow
good luck
I always get really paranoid if something seems wrong with my body. Currently my throat feels weird and I'm terrified that it's something really serious :frown: Being anxious about it doesn't help, but I'm honestly scared and I have nobody to talk to right now that can ground me and give a second opinion whether I should be worried or not :s-smilie:

Anon 6
Job hunting is really making me depressed and like a failure. I had three agencies ring me up earlier and they all asked me the same questions about previous jobs despite the information being on my CV (eg. when I worked there, reason for leaving etc) which really pissed me off. I have a temp job lined up for in a couple of weeks but I'd like a permanent one. I'm tempted to take a break from job hunting for maybe a week at the most to prevent my mental health getting worst (I'm not on any benefits as I can't claim them as I live with my boyfriend who works so fortunately I don't have to worry about sanctions) would this be a good idea?
Really not in the mood for this appointment later. The psychiatrist sounds really empathetic from videos I have seen and I know a few people who have been to him for various conditions and they don't have a bad word to say about him but after the crap with the therapist and various other docs, I've lost a lot faith in health care.
Just out of the psychiatrist and it went how I expected - they referred me back to psychology since I can't take meds due to my contamination fears from OCD. He was nice enough though. Now just to wait on the next bloody referral. Been put down as urgent so shouldn't be long. One day I'll finally be bloody cured until then, I'll keep going and finding my own ways to deal with everything like I've always done. He wanted me to take the highest dose of clomipramine.

Now for a trip to the garden centre to cheer me up :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sigh. lol im even annoying myself at this point, idk what to do really. should probably just shut up :rofl:
it is just hard sometimes to tell what it real and what isn't.
Anyway im going so i dont further embarrass myself or annoy anyone else :getmecoat:

and also sorry about your appointment Spock's Socks :hugs: x

~Anon 1
I don't know why I have never seen this thread before, god I feel awful today. I got out of bed an hour ago (4pm), I couldn't sleep I had a horrible episode of intrusive thoughts before bed and felt like I was going half crazy and I almost scared myself out of sleep. I woke up feeling more depressed than ever, I had a bad day yesterday and today is awful.

I just can't handle life somedays.
Original post by Anonymous
I don't know why I have never seen this thread before, god I feel awful today. I got out of bed an hour ago (4pm), I couldn't sleep I had a horrible episode of intrusive thoughts before bed and felt like I was going half crazy and I almost scared myself out of sleep. I woke up feeling more depressed than ever, I had a bad day yesterday and today is awful.

I just can't handle life somedays.

:hugs:

Hiya, I'm Cesca, and welcome to MHSS! You're very much welcome here!
Original post by Airmed
:hugs:

Hiya, I'm Cesca, and welcome to MHSS! You're very much welcome here!

Thank you, it's nice to feel welcome. X
Thank you, it's nice to feel welcome. X

My inbox is open if you ever need a chat.

Do you have any idea what caused your intrusive thoughts? :hugs:
One month till I can go back to uni, and then maybe I'll finally feel a bit better. Been on work experience for a couple of days and it's kept me too busy to get down :smile:
My 'friends' haven't sent me a single message since I stopped messaging them first, so it's nice to see how much they care :frown: they know the state that I'm in, and I'm really surprised that they haven't checked on me.
Bored shitless
For those who don't know, I work in a mental health crisis house.

The other day my old CCO came in with another girl for referral and I had to do the arrival paperwork with them both.*It was so nice to prove that I'm good at my job to my old CCO as she doubted I could do it with mental health problems myself :smile:

Oh and super late, but I met TLG the other day!*
I keep waking up at terrible hours, I just woke up at 3pm. I wake up SO depressed, I don't sleep because I'm anxious at night. It's a horrible cycle. My mum keeps telling me I need a good slap, and I'm like "No, that clearly won't help". She keeps making me feel bad about it even though I feel bad.

Setting alarms don't work, I sleep though them. I'm stuck in this awful circle and I don't know what to do. I just feel like crying.

I have booked an appointment with a councillor for the 10th of August, I don't know how to bring it up with my mum :/
got PIP assessment on Monday :/ any tips/advice/experiences?
Original post by ScaryScience

I have mine on Monday as well :frown: so I don't really have any advice or tips but I just want to wish you well for the assessment and hope it all goes smoothly :hugs:
I keep waking up at terrible hours, I just woke up at 3pm. I wake up SO depressed, I don't sleep because I'm anxious at night. It's a horrible cycle. My mum keeps telling me I need a good slap, and I'm like "No, that clearly won't help". She keeps making me feel bad about it even though I feel bad.

Setting alarms don't work, I sleep though them. I'm stuck in this awful circle and I don't know what to do. I just feel like crying.

I have booked an appointment with a councillor for the 10th of August, I don't know how to bring it up with my mum :/

Once you do wake up, are you able to do something active? Just thinking that it may tire you out a bit and reduce some of the anxiety in the night?
Your mum will probably be pleased that you're taking responsibility over these problems. You have made a really positive step by booking the appointment, so try to help her see that - it's a step towards helping you, not just highlighting the negatives of what's happening
Original post by Spock's Socks
I have mine on Monday as well :frown: so I don't really have any advice or tips but I just want to wish you well for the assessment and hope it all goes smoothly :hugs:

Thanks :hugs: Really hope it goes well for you too, I'll be thinking of you. Best of luck. :hugs:
I feel so depressed...
Original post by ScaryScience

I've never had a PIP assessment but I've had one for ESA if that's any use?

Latest