Durham
Visit website
Original post by Sim0ne
I feel you :frown:

what have you applied for?
Reply 2302
Original post by LolaAsh27
what have you applied for?

I'm only waiting on the college outcome, that still makes me kinda crazy though :biggrin:
Original post by jill800
I was looking for volunteering at a care home too for DofE Gold - is anyone else doing duke of edinburgh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing Gold DofE! For volunteering I plan on working with the year 7's in my school with book clubs and things because I'd like to do English literature at Durham!
My GCSE grades are A*AAAAAABBC, but hopefully my AS Levels will be better. What are you thinking of applying for?
Original post by Whizzer1
I'm doing Gold DofE! For volunteering I plan on working with the year 7's in my school with book clubs and things because I'd like to do English literature at Durham!
My GCSE grades are A*AAAAAABBC, but hopefully my AS Levels will be better. What are you thinking of applying for?

Hi that sounds like a great plan and it fits in with your prospective degree! I've actually finished my A2 exams now and have firmed Warwick for philosophy and literature- I was rejected by Durham but applied for English Literature & philosophy there :smile: (& as a result left this thread:redface: so sorry for the late reply!) your gcse grades are great too, I had a*aaaabbbb but got AABB at AS last year so hopefully that's some encouragement for you as you seem in a much better position:tongue: Good luck with everything (the DofE and applying to Durham)!
Just finished my A2 exams and I don't think I will meet my offer by a grade :'( rip bye bye duz
I am about to be a second year studying Chemistry at Hild Bede Durham, feel free to PM me any questions :smile:
Congrats to everyone who got in, does anyone know when we get accommodation details?
Original post by ak33m98
Congrats to everyone who got in, does anyone know when we get accommodation details?

what kind of details do you mean
Original post by tomsmeat
Just finished my A2 exams and I don't think I will meet my offer by a grade :'( rip bye bye duz

Did you get in :smile:
My daughter just missed her AAB offer (Geophys at Castle) by one grade, she was one UMS mark short of the A on Geology. UCAS Track still says Conditional offer , anyone any idea of how long shes likely to have to wait to hear?

Thanks
Original post by Tabath
My daughter just missed her AAB offer (Geophys at Castle) by one grade, she was one UMS mark short of the A on Geology. UCAS Track still says Conditional offer , anyone any idea of how long shes likely to have to wait to hear?

Thanks

I know someone that had to wait around 3 days dont know if that is normal or not
Original post by LPauling
I know someone that had to wait around 3 days dont know if that is normal or not

Thanks. She's got in at her insurance so its not all bad but waiting three days just means shes going to struggle with getting good accommodation at her insurance if she doesn't get into Durham.
Original post by Tabath

Thanks

Hi Tabath,

Ring them!
Hi everyone! Hope your A-level results went well and you all got what you wanted!

For anyone who's planning on joining Durham School of Pharmacy in October, we have a brand new shiny facebook group where you can meet your fellow freshers and ask your PharmSoc exec any questions you may have about the course, halls, Durham or just student life in general.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/268142363571016/

Hope you're all excited and I can't wait to meet you all!

Love Emma, PharmSoc Social Sec 2016-2017
Yeah what is going on with Durham? They haven't confirmed or declined me yet.
UCAS track just updated for my daughter and she has been confirmed for Geophys - BUT will she still get her place at University College?
Reply 2317
I didn't even get an offer from Durham for history and ended up with 2* and a A and two BTEC passes, their loss.
Original post by Tabath
UCAS track just updated for my daughter and she has been confirmed for Geophys - BUT will she still get her place at University College?

Near misses are not guaranteed their college but they try to allocate them their original college
Reply 2319
Original post by Tabath

I got in last year as a "near miss" and had to wait about a week to have my college confirmed. The good thing is you are guaranteed accommodation, but it may not be at Castle. They do try and reallocate you to your first choice, original allocation.
Please note, however much your daughter may have set her heart on University College, everybody ends up loving their college once here.
The wait to hear does add to the stress - I remember not feeling able to participate in facebook groups etc..as I didn't know where I would be and getting anxious seeing people saying they had received forms and returned them BUT it does all work out in the end and it's definitely worth it - whichever college you end up at.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest