The Student Room Group

Should I reconsider what unis I apply to?

I got BCCC today at AS level in German (so close to an A :/), Maths, Chemistry, and Physics. I wanted to apply for Chemical Engineering at Leeds and Birmingham but they ask for A*AA and my grades are looking too brill right now.

Shall I apply to unis with lower requirements or give it a shot and apply to Leeds and Birmingham?

Also I was planning on dropping German but I did better in German than Physics so should I drop Physics so my predicted grades look a bit better? I'm really unsure what to drop.
Original post by miniw0t
I got BCCC today at AS level in German (so close to an A :/), Maths, Chemistry, and Physics. I wanted to apply for Chemical Engineering at Leeds and Birmingham but they ask for A*AA and my grades are looking too brill right now.

Shall I apply to unis with lower requirements or give it a shot and apply to Leeds and Birmingham?

Also I was planning on dropping German but I did better in German than Physics so should I drop Physics so my predicted grades look a bit better? I'm really unsure what to drop.

You could apply to one A*AA place but go lower for the rest of your choices, you want a good spread grades wise.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
You could apply to one A*AA place but go lower for the rest of your choices, you want a good spread grades wise.

Thanks I think I might do that and speak to my form teacher too.

Quick Reply

Latest