University of Manchester
University of Bristol
University of Exeter
Warwick University

These are my ideal universities the top 3 being
Warwick
UCL
KCL

Idk if ill get into those though as I'm a private candidate resitting whose applying with poor achieved grades
Original post by Entrepreneur.
Need to narrow down my choices

I've got
University of Birmingham
UCL
KCL
City/Cass Business School
University of Nottingham
University of Manchester
University of Bristol
University of Exeter
Warwick University

These are my ideal universities the top 3 being
Warwick
UCL
KCL

Idk if ill get into those though as I'm a private candidate resitting whose applying with poor achieved grades

What are you applying for and what are your grades?
^ and what grades do those unis want?
Original post by srichandmyneni
What are you applying for and what are your grades?

Business or CS still unsure on the 2

very bad grades my highest was a C lol

Should I just not bother with that and go through clearing?

I've heard CS is really competitive. Those grades might not be ideal :frown:.
You can still apply and go through clearing once all the decisions have been made can you not?
Original post by srichandmyneni
I've heard CS is really competitive. Those grades might not be ideal :frown:.
You can still apply and go through clearing once all the decisions have been made can you not?

ye i think I can but what do I do in the meantime? is there even a point of sending out my application
Reply 6

Cass Business school has changed its name to Bayes 2 years ago because of slavery links.

Most of your listed unis require A* in Maths for CS as a minimum, so will reject you outright if you do not have this predicted.

Manchester typical offer is A*A*A* including Maths for CS entry - these are even higher grades than UCL or KCL require.

Applying for Business may be a safer bet as CS is hyper competitive at the moment. Also, look at less competitive unis, there are plenty.

Why are you trying to apply for those unis if your highest grade is a C? It’s very, very unlikely you’re going to receive any offers at all from any of these unis and you’re gonna be forced to A) not go to uni at all or B) reapply again and wait a year. You can still go to Uni but you need to 100% reconsider your choices.

As I’m writing this I’ve realised you have already taken your A-levels and are resitting. Still, my point stands. You really need to reconsider some of your uni choices. Maybe apply to two aspirational unis and then make sure there are at least one or two unis you’re sure you can get into e.g probably Kent, Brunel or Kingston for example
Original post by ChanBlinkOnce
Why are you trying to apply for those unis if your highest grade is a C? It’s very, very unlikely you’re going to receive any offers at all from any of these unis and you’re gonna be forced to A) not go to uni at all or B) reapply again and wait a year. You can still go to Uni but you need to 100% reconsider your choices.

As I’m writing this I’ve realised you have already taken your A-levels and are resitting. Still, my point stands. You really need to reconsider some of your uni choices. Maybe apply to two aspirational unis and then make sure there are at least one or two unis you’re sure you can get into e.g probably Kent, Brunel or Kingston for example

I'd rather do another gap year and just reapply with the grade I got this year
Reply 9
Hi, current uob cs student, a C won’t cut it for cs. not only is it highly competitive it’s quite difficult, even if that C isn’t in CS, a lot of uni’s don’t require CS A level but honestly i recommend it. Aberystwyth is a good uni. not sure if distance is an issue for you or how far from there to are but honestly, even with gap year experience the grades are really important at uni. If you can get A’s (or even B’s for some uni’s. my friend ucl offer was bbc) then you’ve got such better shot
(edited 6 months ago)
I'm going to an exam centre late november to sit mocks I will use the results from that as my predicted grades I hope I do well enough to compensate for the trash a level results
You might as well wait to see what your predicted grades are, then if good apply for your chosen three. Out of the rest I would choose Birmingham and Nottingham but it's personal preference really. If you don't get good enough predicted grades, you'll have to choose some other unis to apply to as well. Maybe Exeter and City would be easier to get into. Or could you do a foundation year somewhere?
For both Business and CS degrees a university with lower requirements and a placement year would benefit you far more employability wise than taking a second gap year to try to get into somewhere based on prestige.
Look at Bath, Surrey and Aston for their business options. Also Reading and Lancaster have very good business schools (better than many on your list) but don't seem to be on your long list?

Get your head out of the Russell Group - it doesn't mean ANYTHING for business or CS degrees....research profile and focus isn't important for either subject for employability for undergraduate study.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending