The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Special Educational Needs, Inclusion, Disability and Education Studies - Sept 2016

Hello!I've been reading a few forums but as of yet, haven't found anyone studying this course...just wondering if there's anyone on here starting in September 2016.Also, have you done any work or research to prepare yourself yet or not? If so,what pre uni prep have you done?
Hi I haven't studied that course but I have spent a few years working with disabled students and adults in various inclusion and care environments. I would be really interested in studying a course like the one you are doing.

Have you got any experience as that is always the best way to prepare your self and get a head start?
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Hi!!! I will be studying this course in september at walsall campus :-) I haven't done any uni prep, so glad to hear you haven't either haha, there isn't anything on the reading list for us to read on E:vision as of yet though but glad to know of someone else doing this course!
Reply 3
Original post by Crazy Lizard Lady
Hi I haven't studied that course but I have spent a few years working with disabled students and adults in various inclusion and care environments. I would be really interested in studying a course like the one you are doing.

Have you got any experience as that is always the best way to prepare your self and get a head start?

I do have experience, yes. In the form of babysitting mainly. For friends and family. Thats what made me understand and realise what I wanted my career path to be. Cant wait to learn more and get more experience.

I just feel as though I should be doing some pre uni prep such as reading books and researching, but I'm not sure where to start!

Scary but excited
Reply 4
Original post by chlobakerx
Hi!!! I will be studying this course in september at walsall campus :-) I haven't done any uni prep, so glad to hear you haven't either haha, there isn't anything on the reading list for us to read on E:vision as of yet though but glad to know of someone else doing this course!

Hello Chloe! Oh good to hear, I was starting to think it would just be me haha.
Yup, I keep checking eVision but nothing is on there yet so I'm just waiting.
Feel as though I should be doing something but I don't know what. Glad I'm not the only one though!
Do you have any experience in this field btw or ?
Original post by 194
Hello Chloe! Oh good to hear, I was starting to think it would just be me haha.
Yup, I keep checking eVision but nothing is on there yet so I'm just waiting.
Feel as though I should be doing something but I don't know what. Glad I'm not the only one though!
Do you have any experience in this field btw or ?

Totally agree haha, I do too. We'll just have to keep checking! and yes I do, I've done work placements in 2 special needs schools! the one was for severe additional needs and the other school was for moderate to complex additional needs. Do you have any experience? :-)
Reply 6
Original post by chlobakerx
Totally agree haha, I do too. We'll just have to keep checking! and yes I do, I've done work placements in 2 special needs schools! the one was for severe additional needs and the other school was for moderate to complex additional needs. Do you have any experience? :-)

I can't wait to start! Nervous but excited haha.
I do have some experience, yeah. Not in a professional environment like you do though. I've done babysitting for several children with different disabilities and completed an online teaching assistant course
I’m studying this at derby uni. Love it !!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending