The Student Room Group

Naval History MA - Distance Learning Portsmouth Uni

Morning!

I'm trying to get a better idea if I would be eligible for any support for this course.

I've not undertaken any higher education before however the above course has really taken my interest.

I've taken a look at the website but it keeps sending me around in circles. Probably classed as a mature student (30+) working full time and all that good adult stuff.

Naval History MA - 2 years distance learning

Any advice is welcome.
Original post by Beck1805
Morning!

I'm trying to get a better idea if I would be eligible for any support for this course.

I've not undertaken any higher education before however the above course has really taken my interest.

I've taken a look at the website but it keeps sending me around in circles. Probably classed as a mature student (30+) working full time and all that good adult stuff.

Naval History MA - 2 years distance learning

Any advice is welcome.

Hi there,

What is your reason for studying Distance Learning? Do you have a disability which prevents you from attending a university in person? Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,

What is your reason for studying Distance Learning? Do you have a disability which prevents you from attending a university in person? Thanks, Ross

Hi Ross,

Distance Learning will allow me to carry on working as I work full-time in my current job, also the course I'm looking at is only open for distance learning.

It's being run by Portsmouth Uni and I live in the West Midlands.
Hi Ross,

Distance Learning will allow me to carry on working as I work full-time in my current job, also the course I'm looking at is only open for distance learning.

It's being run by Portsmouth Uni and I live in the West Midlands.

Thanks for confirming.

If you decide to do Distance Learning you would only be eligible for Tuition Fee support. When would you be looking to do the course?

Thanks, Ross
Reply 4
Original post by Ross SLC
Thanks for confirming.

If you decide to do Distance Learning you would only be eligible for Tuition Fee support. When would you be looking to do the course?

Thanks, Ross

Oh, thank you for that information, hours of fruitless searching finally brought a result!

They've just opened up applications for Sept 2024 course.
Oh, thank you for that information, hours of fruitless searching finally brought a result!

They've just opened up applications for Sept 2024 course.

Hi Beck,

Our 24/25 applications for the funding will be live later this year. As it is a Part Time course they will be live around April/May I believe. Keep an eye on the Student Finance England website closer to April/May and you will see when they go live. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending