The Student Room Group

What is Physics A-Level like??? Is it as hard as everyone says?

I have recently chosen my A-levels and am wondering how A-level Physics is like because all of my family are saying that its too difficult. Can u guys please give me advice as I do like physics and I got a B in my exam but I did it early entry and that I was only 4 marks off an A.

Thank you!!:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by freedah rehan
I have recently chosen my A-levels and am wondering how A-level Physics is like because all of my family are saying that its too difficult. Can u guys please give me advice as I do like physics and I got a B in my exam but I did it early entry and that I was only 4 marks off an A.

Thank you!!:smile:

I did AS Physics last year, and I didn't find it as hard as I initially thought it would be. As long as you start working right from the beginning and actually enjoy the subject, then you shouldn't find it too bad. However I did find the new spec to be quite a bit harder than the old spec, but not impossible. As long as your maths is solid then the grade at GCSE shouldn't affect your A level grade that much. Good luck :smile:
Original post by solC
I did AS Physics last year, and I didn't find it as hard as I initially thought it would be. As long as you start working right from the beginning and actually enjoy the subject, then you shouldn't find it too bad. However I did find the new spec to be quite a bit harder than the old spec, but not impossible. As long as your maths is solid then the grade at GCSE shouldn't affect your A level grade that much. Good luck :smile:

Thanks for your advice btw, How did your AS Physics go could I ask what grade you got?
P.S. thanks for the luck:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by freedah rehan
Thanks for your advice btw, How did your AS Physics go could I ask what grade you got?
P.S. thanks for the luck:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

No worries, I ended up with an A at AS :smile:
Same as any other A Levels really, you have to really enjoy it and you need to work hard or you won't be able to get all the content. I would recommend going home and reviewing your notes from each lesson afterwards just to make sure you stay on top of things. As long as you're fairly decent at maths and have the motivation to work through the whole year you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest