The Student Room Group

Anyone rather disappointed with their GCSE results?

Scroll to see replies

I'm really disappointed
I got 6 A stars
and 5 As
but all my peers at school got 9 or more A stars
it's a selective grammar called The Henrietta Barnett School

What are my chances of getting into Oxford for PPE if I get all A stars in Econ, Maths, History and Further Maths next year?
Original post by AngelaisAwesome
I'm really disappointed
I got 6 A stars
and 5 As

What are my chances of getting into Oxford for PPE if I get all A stars in Econ, Maths, History and Further Maths next year?

Your grades are amazing 🎉🎉 You might be disappointed because your friends achieved more a*s but at the end of the day, you didn't even get any Bs which can't be said for the most of us.
Reply 42
Original post by Jamiemcq17
I got 3 A*s 6 As and a B which i am extremely happy with. However, the B was in geography; my favourite subject. I came out of the exam very confident in an A or maybe even an A* but ended up with a mid B. I am getting it remarked as i am doing it for a level and my grade has made me feel as though i am not good enough for the subject at a level. I was also close to A*s in 3 other subjects🔫

Can you get the paper back for geo? If you can see that it was silly mistakes etc then it could restore some of your confidence :smile:
Original post by Ezme39
Can you get the paper back for geo? If you can see that it was silly mistakes etc then it could restore some of your confidence :smile:

I probably will get it back and get it remarked. However i am one of those people who beat themselves up when they make silly mistakes and never let it go so i dont know if that would help or hinder my confidence in the subject. Ive set myself a target of an A at AS to prove the exam board that i am capable. Also i checked and i am 2 UMS off of an A in geography overall😢
Reply 44
Two Ds in Geography and Maths which were both 1 marks off Cs but I've sent both be remarked so hopefully they will go up!
I'm really disappointed
I got 6 A stars
and 5 As

The fact that you didn't do as well compared to your peers may hold you back a bit but those are still brilliant grades.

Ps our school beat henrietta barnet in the fmsp last year :tongue:
Original post by stopopups
the fact that you didn't do as well compared to your peers may hold you back a bit but those are still brilliant grades.

Ps our school beat henrietta barnet in the fmsp last year :tongue:

can someone actually answer my quesiton!!!
can someone actually answer my quesiton!!!

If you ace the entrance exam and interview and get amazing a level results then of course you'll be fine. I know someone got only got 2A*s that studies at Oxford. GCSEs aren't half as important as a levels.
I start school tomorrow RIP😭😭
Original post by goldenusername
I start school tomorrow RIP😭😭

Is it only me who can't wait to start back. I'm so motivated to start college and a levels and prove it to myself that I can perform better than how I did at gcses. :wink:
I got 4 A*s 5A's and B. I was hoping for As and A*s, so I was a little disappointed to find out I got a B but what can you do.
Original post by Anmol_.
Is it only me who can't wait to start back. I'm so motivated to start college and a levels and prove it to myself that I can perform better than how I did at gcses. :wink:

when do you start? and I get what you mean, I didn't do aswell as I could have in GCSEs now I'm gonna prove to myself just how bloody smart I am.
I got 2 A*s, 1 A, 5 Bs, 1 C and one D. So happy with my A*s which I was expecting As for, disappointed with one of my Bs that I was expecting an A for, and devastated with my D I was predicted a B for. I was one UMS off a C so I sent it back for remarking, considering sending back the disappointing B too, even though I was in the middle of the boundary. I really feel like it doesn't reflect my exam?

How likely is the D to go up? I know there is a different remarking system this year. Also, I I got an A in coursework, B in one exam and a C in another, how could I get this to an A? Get just the C remarked or also the B grade?
Reply 53
Original post by elliempc
I got 2 A*s, 1 A, 5 Bs, 1 C and one D. So happy with my A*s which I was expecting As for, disappointed with one of my Bs that I was expecting an A for, and devastated with my D I was predicted a B for. I was one UMS off a C so I sent it back for remarking, considering sending back the disappointing B too, even though I was in the middle of the boundary. I really feel like it doesn't reflect my exam?

How likely is the D to go up? I know there is a different remarking system this year. Also, I I got an A in coursework, B in one exam and a C in another, how could I get this to an A? Get just the C remarked or also the B grade?

My D goes up every morning when I wake up, if that helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Serious answer though, get both remarked but your grades are pretty good as they are.
Original post by UWS

Posted from TSR Mobile

Serious answer though, get both remarked but your grades are pretty good as they are.

Original post by UWS

Posted from TSR Mobile

My only issue is my D is in a core subject, so I'm worrying about the effects of my A Level predictions. I am still allowed to do 4 A Levels, but if my grade doesn't go up I have to resit the GCSE.
Original post by Emperor Casear
GCSE English exam I got a D. This was my third attempt at at least a minimum of a C grade. I have been doing this since year 11 and it's now nearly 3 years on and I'm sick and tired of it. I can't be asked anymore and I must say, I think the whole system is a corrupt, diseased, joke. I'm not going to be trying again, because what's the point? Nothing I do will ever be enough for them.

I'm so sorry to hear this. It seems that the whole world and his wife expects everyone to have a minimum of 5 GCSE's A-C including English and Maths yet for tens of thousands of people this is just not achievable. If it's any consolation one of my son's Lecturers at college, who is the course co-ordinator and was a social worker for 10 years failed to get GCSE Grade C in Maths three times. Perhaps your parents could pay for you to see a private tutor for an hour a week? I know they're expensive, but a tutor might e able to really help you pull your marks up. Good luck.
when do you start? and I get what you mean, I didn't do aswell as I could have in GCSEs now I'm gonna prove to myself just how bloody smart I am.

On the 7th. How about you? Many people are starting back tomorrow and some are even on the 12th so it's pretty much varied. Yes, I know I could've done so much better than I have and now I am more motivated than I've ever been before!:tongue:
Original post by Anmol_.
On the 7th. How about you? Many people are starting back tomorrow and some are even on the 12th so it's pretty much varied. Yes, I know I could've done so much better than I have and now I am more motivated than I've ever been before!:tongue:

I start today at 8:45😭 and yess wish u all the best for the next upcoming years
I start today at 8:45😭 and yess wish u all the best for the next upcoming years
oh really? How was your first day then?
Original post by UWS

Why am I not surprised to see this comment from you :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest