The Student Room Group

Which unis to apply for history with AABC at AS?

I got AABC in AS, A in Econ, A in Geo, B in English Lit and... C in History.
I got an A in the one paper and D in the other which I don't really understand but obviously must've messed up. So obviously I'll have to resit the one paper. I do Welsh Bac too. I will drop English Lit.
For gcse I got 6a* and 6a.

Where can I realistically apply?
I'll be predicted at least A*AA.
Sorry but you got AABC and you're being predicted A*AA? I got the same GCSEs as you and AAAA at AS and I'm predicted ABB
Original post by DanielSmith1999
I got an A in the one paper and D in the other which I don't really understand but obviously must've messed up. So obviously I'll have to resit the one paper. I do Welsh Bac too. I will drop English Lit.

Warwick
Exeter
York
UCL

(basically you can apply to most of the Russell Groups)
Reply 3
Oxford, LSE, take your pick tbh. The world is your oyster with an A*AA prediction
Original post by drriversong
Sorry but you got AABC and you're being predicted A*AA? I got the same GCSEs as you and AAAA at AS and I'm predicted ABB

Hi, I'm not sure I understand why you've been predicted ABB? Unless your As were very borderline and the school doesn't want to predict an A? Anyways. Congrats on your AS!
A* is geo with 94% UMS. A econ which was highish and the other A in history after resitting the D module.
Original post by liquidconfidence
Warwick
Exeter
York
UCL

(basically you can apply to most of the Russell Groups)

Original post by MHI
Oxford, LSE, take your pick tbh. The world is your oyster with an A*AA prediction

I was reading on the LSE website that they look at AS a lot so maybe it would be unwise applying there?

I thought UCL would be out of my league too because it's so competitive :frown:
Reply 6

Jeez that's harsh, do you know why that is??

AAB at AS to A*AA is reasonable. Don't know why you'd go from AAAA to ABB though...
Reply 8

Are these your official UCAS predictions? These aren't done until around October time at most schools. Teachers can't predict accurately enough from AS and just a few weeks of A2 work.
Why are you dropping Lit and not History?

And why are you getting predicted an A for a subject you got a C in at AS?

And you won't need to resit because History is a reformed subject.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Why are you dropping Lit and not History?

And why are you getting predicted an A for a subject you got a C in at AS?

And you won't need to resit because History is a reformed subject.

As explained I messed up the one exam and got a D, where as I got an A in the other. Throughout the year I was consistently on an A grade in history.

Yes I do, not every part of the UK has reformed subjects. Wales is sticking to the old system.
Reply 11
I was reading on the LSE website that they look at AS a lot so maybe it would be unwise applying there?

You really are underselling yourself, you are good enough to have a shot at lse, UCL and Oxford, especially if you went to a state school
Original post by CloakedSpartan
AAB at AS to A*AA is reasonable. Don't know why you'd go from AAAA to ABB though...

As long as you work hard! I got ABBC at AS- the C in history as well (dropped one of the B grade subjects) and got A*AA at A2

Posted from TSR Mobile

You may benefit from taking a gap year and then apply to university with your set A level grades, therefore, they wont look at your AS. Maybe then spend some time on your personal statement, learn a language?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending