The Student Room Group

What unis should I apply to

I’m currently year 12 predicted a*a*ac and epq not sure yet and want to do mechanical engineering. At lowest I should get aabc so want some sort of safety net
Please detail a bit more info:
- any particular industries of interest
- geographical factors
- is cost of living important to you
- big/ medium/small city?
- green space important?
- nightlife? Hobbies?
Original post by Elincy
I’m currently year 12 predicted a*a*ac and epq not sure yet and want to do mechanical engineering. At lowest I should get aabc so want some sort of safety net
You don’t need 4 A levels for uni, so discard the C if you’re expected to get all A varieties in the others! Universities only accept 3, unless they accept ucas points, then sometimes 4 is fine.

Just aim high, sounds like you’re suited for any russell group, and other highly regulated universities such as Durham and Bath.

Browse through these and see where suits you best.
Original post by Elincy
Hi there , first of all congratulations on your predicted marks that's amazing and based on your grades there are several mechanical engineering programs you are likely to get into.
I would also advise you to decide what factors are important for you , such as what facilities you want , the area you want to live in , student life , accreditations , type of campus , diversity ,affiliations the university have with potential future employers. Once you have decided your top priorities then you can find universities with these factors .
Personally I picked DMU because their engineering programs are accredited by IMechE and the IET , they have several engineering based societies and clubs ( such as the electronics club , women in STEM and Formula students ) , the campus is close to the city and the cost of living is affordable in Leicester. The most important thing to me was that DMU was diverse and promoted a culture of inclusion and equality and as a female of colour in STEM that was a priority for me.
I hope this helps .
Cece
Engineering Student
De Montfort University
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest