The Student Room Group

Is Brighton and Sussex a good university?

According to the league tables its 29th and it's stats don't look great, are league tables really meaningless?
I've heard it's a good uni.
Sussex is a good uni! Really nice campus and facilities (I currently go there)
Reply 3
Original post by loveleest
I've heard it's a good uni.

Original post by PugDevil
Sussex is a good uni! Really nice campus and facilities (I currently go there)

So league tables aren't really worth much?
Original post by Kraytz
So league tables aren't really worth much?

I wouldn't say so? Obviously it gives a bit of an indicator but I would just recommend going to open days and seeing the universities for yourself? The league tables that I've seen, Sussex has been gradually improving :biggrin:

They're investing a lot into new accommodation too (plus the campus is next to Brighton's football stadium, which is great if you're a football fanatic like myself :colone:)
Original post by Kraytz

According to the league tables its 29th and it's stats don't look great, are league tables really meaningless?

League tables are irrelevant for medicine - and I know it's medicine because BSMS isn't a university - it's a joint medical school. Cardiff was once 2nd place on that exact page, then dropped down over a dozen places in space of a year. It has erratic and fluid rankings and I wouldn't trust it.

Edit: Cardiff dropped from 3rd to 23rd in one year.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
League tables are irrelevant for medicine - and I know it's medicine because BSMS isn't a university - it's a joint medical school. Cardiff was once 2nd place on that exact page, then dropped down over a dozen places in space of a year. It has erratic and fluid rankings and I wouldn't trust it.

I wouldn't say so? Obviously it gives a bit of an indicator but I would just recommend going to open days and seeing the universities for yourself? The league tables that I've seen, Sussex has been gradually improving :biggrin:

They're investing a lot into new accommodation too (plus the campus is next to Brighton's football stadium, which is great if you're a football fanatic like myself :colone:)

Well it has one of the highest student's satisfaction so I'll apply there, thanks!
Original post by Kraytz
Well it has one of the highest student's satisfaction so I'll apply there, thanks!

I didn't realise that this was in the Medicine section (I do history) - sorry! But regardless, it is a good uni :tongue: So great choice! :biggrin:
Reply 8
I didn't realise that this was in the Medicine section (I do history) - sorry! But regardless, it is a good uni :tongue: So great choice! :biggrin:

My fault, I should have specified

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending