The Student Room Group

Is University of Sussex or Swansea best to pursue Msc in accounting and finance?

This is Yashna from India. I am holding an unconditional offer letter from both Sussex and Swansea university for an MSc in Accounting and Finance but I am confused about which university to choose. So can anyone help me with which university to choose based on good job opportunities after completion of the course, weather, ranking of university for the above-mentioned course, and cost of living when comparing both places?
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Hi Yashna,

Congratulations on your offers!

If I were you I would pick Sussex, as it places higher on global rankings on times higher education rankings and QS overall. Also, specifically for master’s courses Sussex is ranked 131-140 for finance related fields, whereas Swansea does not place into these rankings.

Are you on course for a 2:1 or 2:2? Because your options maybe be increased if you are on track for a 2:1. There is also the chance to apply for the university of Exeter if it is a 2:2 that you have, which I believe would give you better opportunities if possible.

I know that postgraduate study is very expensive, so understand that may be the why you haven’t applied to somewhere like Exeter, but if it is within your budget I would definitely encourage you to apply.

In terms of weather Brighton/Sussex would be warmer, being in the south of England, although Swansea is going to be cheaper in terms of cost of living.

I hope that answers your question!

Good luck with everything and feel free to ask anything else :smile:
If you are international, honestly neither. Very likely not to be worth it. Hiring for masters programmes for finance in general is very limited in the UK, and you will struggle even more as an international student. I really don't think it will be worth it since these are both firmly non-target universities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending