The Student Room Group

i need help choosing my last 2 alevels

i am absolutely sure about choosing biology and chemistry as 2 out of my 4 a levels however i am unsure about choosing my last 2 a levels from the choices of accounts
psychology
and RE

which 2 would be a good combination along with biology and chemistry and why?

if your wondering what i would like to do in university i would like to go into the scientific field eg: medicine veterinary dentistry bio medics biochemistry sport-science neuroscience
i have been finding it hard to decide and i just needed a few ideas while i do some research about what a levels would be good for me
Reply 1
maths or physics would be better medicine, dentistry etc.
Reply 2
Original post by cleggj88

i can only choose from:
psychology
re
accounts
Reply 3
Original post by D.SHA64
i can only choose from:
psychology
re
accounts

Psychology links better with Biology and Chemistry than RE
Reply 4
Original post by MMR16
Psychology links better with Biology and Chemistry than RE

ive been told that a lot but i am very good at re and i got an A* in it at gcse
i think accounts should be one of my choices cos i would be very stressed out with 2 humanity subjects
Reply 5
i just have to choose between re and pyscology now
Reply 6
Original post by D.SHA64
i just have to choose between re and pyscology now

i'd choose psychology because it links better with the other subjects you're doing. Just because you got an A* in RE at GCSE doesn't mean you'll do good at A Level, but if you feel more comfortable taking RE then I suggest you take RE.
Reply 7
You will struggle without Maths. Through A levels and applying to Med skl of anything of that sort
Reply 8
Original post by Undec
You will struggle without Maths. Through A levels and applying to Med skl of anything of that sort

i would struggle doing maths cos i have heard it is extremely hard and it is not one of my strongest subjects
Reply 9
Original post by MMR16
i'd choose psychology because it links better with the other subjects you're doing. Just because you got an A* in RE at GCSE doesn't mean you'll do good at A Level, but if you feel more comfortable taking RE then I suggest you take RE.

thanks
Original post by cleggj88

Why?
Psychology because it is a science too so could help but go for rs if you like it- I have contrasting subjects too: Chemistry and bio with English lit and rs
Reply 12
I'd say psychology and Accounting but you'll struggle to do Medicine without doing either Maths or Physics
Original post by AfcFob
I'd say psychology and Accounting but you'll struggle to do Medicine without doing either Maths or Physics

Why?? Says who???

Where does this come from?? :confused:
Psychology will probably be best. I wouldn’t worry about maths and physics cause it’s not needed by any unis for medicine.
Original post by D.SHA64
i am absolutely sure about choosing biology and chemistry as 2 out of my 4 a levels however i am unsure about choosing my last 2 a levels from the choices of accounts
psychology
and RE

which 2 would be a good combination along with biology and chemistry and why?

if your wondering what i would like to do in university i would like to go into the scientific field eg: medicine veterinary dentistry bio medics biochemistry sport-science neuroscience
i have been finding it hard to decide and i just needed a few ideas while i do some research about what a levels would be good for me

In RE, you learn about ethics that have applications in STEM, eg. Medical ethics, Research ethics etc.
Original post by Smartin5
In RE, you learn about ethics that have applications in STEM, eg. Medical ethics, Research ethics etc.

You're replying to a post that is two years old.

Quick Reply

Latest