The Student Room Group

Economics at lse

aa
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by willp9999
I have 12 A*s at GCSE. I'm predicted 4 A*s at A level in Maths, History, French and Economics. I have a 96.5 ums average in my AS's. I'm taking an AS in Further Maths and I'm writing an EPQ so that by the end of my A levels I will have the equivalent of 4 A levels and 2 AS Levels. I'm applying for Economics at LSE, and don't know whether I'll get in or not. I know that there's many variables, but how likely would you say I'll be offered a place and will not having a full A level in Further Maths hinder my chances of acceptance?

You have no chance. Try London Met

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
You have no chance. Try London Met

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or maybe Warwick
I don't think they have an Economics course, sorry.
I have 12 A*s at GCSE. I'm predicted 4 A*s at A level in Maths, History, French and Economics. I have a 96.5 ums average in my AS's. I'm taking an AS in Further Maths and I'm writing an EPQ so that by the end of my A levels I will have the equivalent of 4 A levels and 2 AS Levels. I'm applying for Economics at LSE, and don't know whether I'll get in or not. I know that there's many variables, but how likely would you say I'll be offered a place and will not having a full A level in Further Maths hinder my chances of acceptance?

Mate, I'm pretty certain you need atleast 15 A*'s at GCSE just to get an interview. I would seriously recommend going for a Uni such as London Metropolitan or the University of Bolton, you have to be realistic about your chances.

Also 4 A*'s at A-Level prediction is borderline average if i'm honest. Most have 5 or 6 A* predictions, and the top candidates usually have set up multi-billion pound businesses by the age of 16. Signs of entrepreneurship or something like that. *

I'm in a similar position to you, only I'm wondering about your UMS average? Surely with new spec the only thing contributing to your average UMS is your math?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this a serious question? This is more than enough to get considered lol.........unless you have a shocking personal statement
Reply 7
[QUOTE="gmahapatra;67424368"]I'm in a similar position to you, only I'm wondering about your UMS average? Surely with new spec the only thing contributing to your average UMS is your math?

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

My unreformed subjects were French, Maths and Further Maths

These are strong results so you'll likely get an offer - personal statements matter much less when you have the grades. Maybe try Cambridge though? That's my first choice and I have similar results (9A* GCSE and 98.5 UMS maths/further maths average). What modules have you done already btw?
Original post by matt.thorne10
These are strong results so you'll likely get an offer - personal statements matter much less when you have the grades. Maybe try Cambridge though? That's my first choice and I have similar results (9A* GCSE and 98.5 UMS maths/further maths average). What modules have you done already btw?

Same as you. What colleges are you thinking of applying to? I really want to go to trinity but I also want to actually get in, lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Grades are good. Its good you will be taking AS further maths, they will require you to get A in it though.
Original post by gmahapatra
Same as you (only I got 10A*s and 99.3 maths/further average). What colleges are you thinking of applying to? I really want to go to trinity but I also want to actually get in, lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

The pool system in Cambridge makes it more fair for applicants. So apply to the one you prefer, if you do well enough either they will take you or another college. By the way, if you are applying for Trinity just for the name, then its not a wise choice... Visit the colleges if you can and go to the one which you feel you like the atmosphere.
Original post by Fbiemad
The pool system in Cambridge makes it more fair for applicants. So apply to the one you prefer, if you do well enough either they will take you or another college. By the way, if you are applying for Trinity just for the name, then its not a wise choice... Visit the colleges if you can and go to the one which you feel you like the atmosphere.

No, I went around and I absolutely loved what trinity was. Of course, I also loved all the other colleges.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gmahapatra
Same as you (only I got 10A*s and 99.3 maths/further average). What colleges are you thinking of applying to? I really want to go to trinity but I also want to actually get in, lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same as you (only I got 12A* and 99.7 maths/fm average ums). What colleges u applying to?

Also, I can piss a distance of 8 metres, I bet that is more than you too, lol...
Original post by leinad2012
Same as you (only I got 12A* and 99.7 maths/fm average ums). What colleges u applying to?

Also, I can piss a distance of 8 metres, I bet that is more than you too, lol...

Congratz on your results :smile: I can't make that distance, but working on it ;P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending