The Student Room Group

the following calculations all involve physical quantities

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
Fair enough. :tongue:

In this two plusses and two minuses case you could be comparing the differences between two pairs of reactions ^.^
(a-b)-(c-d) if greater than 0 the difference between the first pair is larger etc
Reply 21
Original post by ValerieKR
In this two plusses and two minuses case you could be comparing the differences between two pairs of reactions ^.^
(a-b)-(c-d) if greater than 0 the difference between the first pair is larger etc

Haha, thanks! This is why I'll stick to maths, ygm :wink:
Reply 22
Also i have to convert 200 pF to standard form written to 1 decimal place, is the answer 2.0*10^-14?
Original post by p29
also i have to convert 200 pf to standard form written to 1 decimal place, is the answer 2.0*10^-14?

2.0*10^-10F
Reply 24
Original post by ValerieKR
2.0*10^-10F

thanks
Reply 25
This exercise is testing your understanding of physical quantities ("mass", "current") and their corresponding units ("kg", "A").

It makes sense to add 1 kg to 1 kg, or 1 A to 1 A, but makes no sense to add 1 kg to 1 A, because the result would not be a mass or a current.

The most important thing is that every physical quantity must have a unit. So every time you see a number without a unit, make an alarm bell go off in your head. 2.0*10^-14? 2.0*10^-14 whats? 2.0*10^-14 Farads, microFarads, apples, leprechauns? Without the unit, it's just a number with no obvious physical meaning.

Quick Reply

Latest