The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Is a 610 average good enough for Bristol. I'm really struggling with deciding for universities.
Hi guys, i just did the "Medify Mock 2" and i got: VR:600 QR:730 AR:600 Average: 643
How representative is the modify mock 2 to the real exam and what scores did u guys get when sitting the "medify mock 2"
Original post by lahigueraxxx
Hey a couple of questions,

-I just completed medify mock 1 and achieved an average score of 720, how similar is this mock to the real thing?

-Also this is probably a stupid question lol, but are people actually answering any of the questions in the decision making section? I know that it's not getting marked so I'm planning on completely skipping it, but I was just curious as to whether or not people were answering the questions...

*Bump*
Hey!

Anyone care to share how they did in VR? I think that seemed to be the downfall for most, so would like to get an idea of what the averages might be like (even though TSR isn't that representative I know). It might give people a better idea of whether to apply to Warwick or not...

Also, does anyone know when the interim scores are being released?
(edited 7 years ago)
hey, does anyone know if the interim UKCAT 2016 results/averages/deciles have been released yet? :smile:
Can I ask if unis look at one section over the others more or less? I'm pleased with my verbal and quant but slightly worried about my abstract (630) so I'm hoping they care about it the least. Thank you
Original post by NuclearFallout
Can I ask if unis look at one section over the others more or less? I'm pleased with my verbal and quant but slightly worried about my abstract (630) so I'm hoping they care about it the least. Thank you

Some unis have certain cut off points for each section in which you have to meet the requirements for you to be able to move onto the next stage, others don't really mind unless you do really badly in one section, but most look at your average score or your scores added up together and ranked into deciles :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jason Wong
Some unis have certain cut off points for each section in which you have to meet the requirements for you to be able to move onto the next stage, others don't really mind unless you do really badly in one section, but most look at your average score or your scores added up together and ranked into deciles :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks man, do you know by any chance if my 630 in abstract rules me out of any unis? My average overall is good thank God
Hey,

just wondering what do you guys find to be the best technique for verbal reasoning? I'm finding it soooo hard to answer the questions within the time limit :'(((
Original post by JustWondering98
hey, does anyone know if the interim UKCAT 2016 results/averages/deciles have been released yet? :smile:

I've found the deciles and averages for the past 5 years if you're wondering and wanted to compare your results?

http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/UKCAT%20Test%20Statistics%202015.pdf

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr PB
Hi guys, i just did the "Medify Mock 2" and i got: VR:600 QR:730 AR:600 Average: 643
How representative is the modify mock 2 to the real exam and what scores did u guys get when sitting the "medify mock 2"

I'd say it's roughly similar to the actual exam, but the actual is way more easier and you do get to finish all the questions. You will definitely get a higher score in the real exam than in the medify mock.

My mock was really bad aha,
VR: 550
QR: 600
AR: 730

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammie123
Hello, well done to everyone on their results!

I just sat my UKCAT today and got 770 average.
VR: 610
QR: 800
AR: 900
Band 2

I used UKCAT Ninja, Medify and the Offical UKCAT practice questions and tests.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck to everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

amazing score! How long did you spend revising for ukcat like how many hours a day and for how many days?*
Original post by michaela__
Guys my ukcat was on 15th September but I'm considering moving it back another week to the 22nd? Is this a good idea or not it's just I have work, and college starting on the 12th so 😭😭 I'm getting stressed about getting all the mocks done and stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say not to push it back, only because you're just going to stress yourself out so much (like I did), how much revision have you done? I think if you've done roughly 2 weeks revision or 30 ish hours then you're fine to complete the exam. As for work wise, could you take time off work? And college, well I came back to school on the 5th and my exam was on the 8th, but even though I was given loads of work to do I ignored it until I completed the exam and then played the "catch up game" :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where could you apply with a 645 average UKCAT?
ANYONE... who has sat the test... I use my finger as a keyword scanner on the screen for the VR...is this fine to do on the test???
Reply 4375
I got 646 average and band 3 in sjt. do you think that is good enough for Bart to study medicine
gutted about band 3 in sjt. I have got band 2 in practice tests but sadly not on the day.
AS result are 3a and b
Original post by 11...
I got 646 average and band 3 in sjt. do you think that is good enough for Bart to study medicine
gutted about band 3 in sjt. I have got band 2 in practice tests but sadly not on the day.
AS result are 3a and b

for undergrad it is a decent result... I think someone mentioned that with 625 they got into parts, but must have had a solid UCAS Tariff.

How did you find it overall? VR IS MY ENEMEY!!
[QUOTE=11...;67506970]I got 646 average and band 3 in sjt. do you think that is good enough for Bart to study medicine
AS result are 3a and b

Im on the same boat as you but my average was 590 :frown:
(Got band 3 in SJ and AAAB in AS too)

I wouldn't bother applying to Barts because I went to an open day and the lady said you have to score above the average. The average from last year was from about 650-680.
[QUOTE=ib_hopeful;67506380]Where could you apply with a 645 average UKCAT?

Well you scored just below the average so I would say apply to uni's who aren't so heavy on the ukcat: liverpool, east anglia, leeds... (And nottingham, i think!)
Is 660 average good enough for Barts/KCL?
I'm probably be predicted A*A*AA...
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending