The Student Room Group

What sport do you participate in?

And if not, why not? :biggrin:

Perosnally, i used to go to a boxing club regularly but had to abandon it last year for the A2s( didnt want to risk breaking anything important).

Hoping to get back into a sport-preferably something new like fencing- at uni before i devolve into a full slob :smile:
tennis and golf
both are quite fun

Spoiler

Tennis
Table tennis
A bit of football and .....

Spoiler

I used to take part in amateur car rallies. Very good to really learn something about driving.
Regular driving license teach how to move on roads and how to park, but give no actual knowledge or skills about driving.

I don't do it anymore since I can't afford it.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Tennis
Table tennis
A bit of football and .....

Spoiler

I've had more exercise playing Pokemon Go than I have for a long time lmao.

Though I do play badminton and table tennis from time to time. I used to love rounders, netball and basketball too!
Sleeping :colone:
Lol same :tongue:
Sounds cool Bro

Original post by PandaCalavera
I've had more exercise playing Pokemon Go than I have for a long time lmao.

Though I do play badminton and table tennis from time to time. I used to love rounders, netball and basketball too!
Cycling :smile:
Reply 8
Kickboxing. :smile:
Cycling and Kickboxing :smile: (never competed though)

I fancy getting into mountaineering.

Also fanatical about skiing but that's not on the horizon any time soon due to becoming a mature student. :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
I would consider myself to be fairly active but not so much compared to my youth; I am a recently graduated mature student :wink: I like to play football every now and then but my main passion is, and always will be, cycling. I am lucky enough to live in sunny Brighton, so there are plenty of places in the local area to keep me happy! My father has kindly offered to give me some money for finishing uni. Most people would put it towards a car, I suppose, but I am currently in my elements looking at new carbon fibre road bikes https://www.orrobikes.com/bikes :biggrin:

One thing that I will say for those about to start uni this month, I know the first year is all about enjoying yourself and meeting new people but if you can get involved in some kind of club or society at your uni then this will prove to be hugely beneficial later on as you get more entrenched in your work.

I am sure you will find all about them in Freshers' Week but they are worth going along to and offer you the chance to meet like-minded people, away from alcohol. A lot of unis also have gyms, which again, are worth investigating!

Oh yea, I am currently thinking of getting into MMA- is your late 20s too old to get started?
I used to do Karate and Netball a while back but I've not had much chance to do much sport since I started working, but I'd like to pick up badminton before uni, who knows, if I git gud, I might join a team :lol:
Original post by saraxh
Sleeping :colone:

Hi ;-)
I like darts.
Reply 14
I go to Box Fit class, if that counts? :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest