Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beenieeee
Is anyone still waiting for a decision?
I only slightly missed my offer, and they said I'll hear back earliest today

How much did you miss you offer by? do you mind me asking what you got
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Has anyone not received their enrolment email yet? I urgently need to know move in dates
Original post by MrZebraCookie
Has anyone not received their enrolment email yet? I urgently need to know move in dates

It's 17/18 September x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Annettee
It's 17/18 September x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Have you had any contact with King's after results day? All I have is a generic congratulations email
Original post by Milkbottle64
How much did you miss you offer by? do you mind me asking what you got

My offer was AAA - but I put King's as my insurance, not firm
I got AAB, the B was in maths and only a few UMS off
Waiting for my remark to come back

But didn't get a place as the places all filled up
They said consider reapplying though which I thought was strange?

Not sure what will happen if the remark comes back successfully (not expecting anything though)
Will hear on Monday probably
Does King's accept Access Course to HE for Medicine got in 2 years instead of the regular 1? 🤔 I got my enrolment appointment at lambeth college on the 23rd 😲

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Hi guys, I'm applying for 2017 entry but figured it might help to ask here; how much do Kings value the UKCAT and academic stuff compared to extracurricular activities and things? I will probably have A*AA predicted, with a 2300 (out of 2700 this year) UKCAT, and relevant work experience, but I can't say I've done a lot of music or sport or other things. Is it still worth applying? Will i be greatly disadvantaged for this?

Thanks
Original post by MrZebraCookie
Thank you! Have you had any contact with King's after results day? All I have is a generic congratulations email

Hey, me too! I'm sure they'll be sending details in a week or two.
Reply 2248
Original post by Annettee
Hey, me too! I'm sure they'll be sending details in a week or two.

I recently received my enrolment email so you should get one soon too, provided you've sorted out all the other stuff like the DBS
Reply 2249
Hi All,

Is there a fb group chat for new medical students. If so, could I please be added to it???
Original post by neilthomas
Hi guys, I'm applying for 2017 entry but figured it might help to ask here; how much do Kings value the UKCAT and academic stuff compared to extracurricular activities and things? I will probably have A*AA predicted, with a 2300 (out of 2700 this year) UKCAT, and relevant work experience, but I can't say I've done a lot of music or sport or other things. Is it still worth applying? Will i be greatly disadvantaged for this?

Thanks

WOW, your UKCAT score is excellent!
I found a timetable for MBBS year 1 for this year but i dont understand it. Can a current student please explain it to me? 1473158938573-656340213.jpg
Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
How are GCSEs scored at Kings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yoyo.sat
I found a timetable for MBBS year 1 for this year but i dont understand it. Can a current student please explain it to me?

The timetable is not the same every week. No two days are the same so all I can say for the above is it's a very empty week. Further information on timetables:

Original post by MrDystopia
Example timetable:

5 days a week of work. Most is lectures, Can be anywhere from 2-6 lectures a day for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.

You'll have a 2 hour slot of anatomy, taking place in the dissection room.

You'll often have a tutorial or two.

Any GP/hospital visits will be timetabled for you in advance.

All days can have things timetabled anywhere from 9am till 5pm.

Wednesday's you will never have anything timetabled beyond 1pm (It's a half day for everyone across the uni).

The reason I give you it like this is because your timetable is fluid unlike other courses. You will never have two days the same. As such, it's hard to give you an actual example timetable because...well it could be any mix of thigns on a given day. So two days as examples could be:

9am - 11am Lectures, 11am - Noon Tutorial, Noon - 1pm Empty, 1pm - 3pm Lectures, 3pm - 5pm Dissection

Or

9am - 10am Lecture, 10am - 3pm Empty, 3pm - 5pm Lectures

As for recommended reading, you'll have access to a reading list when you arrive, but some of the more widely used textbooks that I would HIGHLY recommend are as follows. Note that this is to supplement learning. Please don't take this list and spend your summer memorising the textbooks...

Lippincott's Biochemistry
Rang and Dale's Pharmacology
Vanders Human Physiology
Clinically Orientated Anatomy

Those are probably what most people use/buy/take out from the library since they broadly cover most areas of your course. If you really want to read something in your summer, I guess just brushing up on basic science would be the best bet as that is what you'll begin the course studying.
(edited 7 years ago)
The timetable is not the same every week. No two days are the same so all I can say for the above is it's a very empty week. Further information on timetables:

Thank you for your explanation, i guess the timetable i found must've been wrong, ill just have to wait till induction and see. But i appreciate your answer, it cleared things up for me
To any current students: Is there any kind of storage unit (e.g. lockers) at guy's campus for students?, especially since i'll be commuting so i won't be able to bring all my notes and books everyday on the train. And will i need actual notebooks or do students do everything on laptops and tablets now? And is there any kind of 'kitchen' like for hot water and heating in a microwave, etc.?
Original post by yoyo.sat
To any current students: Is there any kind of storage unit (e.g. lockers) at guy's campus for students?, especially since i'll be commuting so i won't be able to bring all my notes and books everyday on the train. And will i need actual notebooks or do students do everything on laptops and tablets now? And is there any kind of 'kitchen' like for hot water and heating in a microwave, etc.?

As far as I am aware there's nothing storage wise in like you've stated. Given Guy's Campus is 4 buildings I'm fairly certain of that. To maximise efficiency, I'd obviously suggest not bringing EVERYTHING, only what you require for the day. Things like textbooks are much better off left at home since you can just visit the library to read up on stuff.

In regards to notebooks, it depends on how you learn. I am personally a paper and pen man. I've always done my notes annotating the slides that they provide for you, or writing down my own on paper. I know some people like to annotate the slides on their laptop/tablet during lectures, I know some people who like to sit there and do nothing but listen. Some people also like bringing in a dictaphone and recording the lecture (Perfectly allowed but of course get permission from the lecturer prior).

Finally in regards to a kitchen area, I know the EMDP common room has a microwave, so if you're planning on heating up food you've brought from home, you can use that by just like..getting an EMDP friend to let you in I guess? Hot water you can ask for at the cafe on campus, seen plenty of people go up and ask for one.
As far as I am aware there's nothing storage wise in like you've stated. Given Guy's Campus is 4 buildings I'm fairly certain of that. To maximise efficiency, I'd obviously suggest not bringing EVERYTHING, only what you require for the day. Things like textbooks are much better off left at home since you can just visit the library to read up on stuff.

In regards to notebooks, it depends on how you learn. I am personally a paper and pen man. I've always done my notes annotating the slides that they provide for you, or writing down my own on paper. I know some people like to annotate the slides on their laptop/tablet during lectures, I know some people who like to sit there and do nothing but listen. Some people also like bringing in a dictaphone and recording the lecture (Perfectly allowed but of course get permission from the lecturer prior).

Finally in regards to a kitchen area, I know the EMDP common room has a microwave, so if you're planning on heating up food you've brought from home, you can use that by just like..getting an EMDP friend to let you in I guess? Hot water you can ask for at the cafe on campus, seen plenty of people go up and ask for one.

Thanks for your reply thats very helpful
Does anybody know when people for the MBBS course have to be there? Tomorrow at 9?
Reply 2259
Original post by any1111
Does anybody know when people for the MBBS course have to be there? Tomorrow at 9?

i think we need to be there at 6-8pm

Latest