The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hurricaneellin
Yay! Congratulations! :smile:

Aww thanks. I'm just waiting for Southampton Solent, Surrey and Loughborough.
Original post by Strimpy
Well done!! :smile: when did you send yours off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent it off on September 26 but because of their technical glitches they only got my application on Monday.
Original post by FlyHighSky
ooooh! who knows we might just end up at the same place! Did Manchester send you any sort of acknowledgement yet?

Ooh that would be cool, we might see each other at interviews! Nah Manchester is the only one that hasn't sent an acknowledgment yet :frown: you?
Original post by h8skoooooool
Ooh that would be cool, we might see each other at interviews! Nah Manchester is the only one that hasn't sent an acknowledgement yet :frown: you?

Everyone else has sent me an acknowledgement, not Manchester, though. Unlikely we meet at the interviews. I am an international applicant from India. Which college have you applied to for Cambridge?
Original post by mintiess
Has anyone heard anything back from Stirling?

I applied on the 19th and they're the only school I haven't received an acknowledgement from
Original post by jamestg
Applied at 4pm yesterday and have got 4 acknowledgements from Surrey, Cambridge, Bath and Warwick!

Just hope the next email is for me to check track!!! Maybe I'm being a bit too impatient and/or eager lol :colondollar:

I'm feeling the exact same lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
My friend did medicine and was predicted 4 A*s and had to put a random course at a random uni

He put bristol for mechanical engineering and got an offer in 1 day

Strange since his PS was all about medicine, guess they just saw the grades and automatically accepted

Note this was early as in the oxbridge/medicine applicants deadline
Original post by joycian117
I think because my predicted grades were higher than the requirements and I did pretty well at GCSE. I've heard that it's not uncommon to get one from Nottingham, but the offer only becomes unconditional if you accept it as your firm choice :smile:

Urgh OH GOD I JUST WANT TO SEND MINE OFF :colonhash:

Would love an unconditional from Nottingham because that's my aspirational but I don't think that'll happen unless the admissions tutor is super drunk and thinks my personal statement is amazing :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hurricaneellin
I sent it off on September 26 but because of their technical glitches they only got my application on Monday.

wow thats quick, your AS grades must be pretty amazing then lol
Just got an offer from Birmingham! Unconditional if I firm! I'm soooo happy it's ridiculous :h:
Original post by jesstheravendor
Just got an offer from Birmingham! Unconditional if I firm! I'm soooo happy it's ridiculous :h:

Amazing! Well done! What did you apply for?
Just got rejected from Queen Mary, I applied on the 11th and just received a reply about 10 minutes ago. A bit of a shame, luckily I never visited the university so I didn't get too attached!!! Bit nervous for my other choices though.
Original post by Strimpy
wow thats quick, your AS grades must be pretty amazing then lol

Haha, no, I only did one exam because 2 of my courses are linear, I got an A in one exam and then screwed up my second one and got an E, C overall :smile:
Original post by ellamaddiet
Amazing! Well done! What did you apply for?

Thank you! And I applied for English and Modern Languages (Spanish).
Does anyone know how long Lancaster takes to reply?

I applied for English and Modern Languages at Birmingham too! French and English Language specifically, haven't heart back yet, kind of expecting a rejection though because they say they prioritise students with English at A Level and I don't have it, but I've done a lot of work outside of school on Linguistics, and that's what I'm applying for at most unis :smile:

also, when did you send your application off? :smile:
How long does it take you to get acknowledgements...? I applied around 5 hours ago but haven't had anything yet, nor the SAQ. Should I be worried?
Original post by richardhello
How long does it take you to get acknowledgements...? I applied around 5 hours ago but haven't had anything yet, nor the SAQ. Should I be worried?

no it took over a week for some unis to get back to me
Just had a look at the offer rates for my courses on Which? And no idea if it's overall accurate but made me slightly happier seeing my Warwick course having a 70% offer rate and weirdly the LSE one 34%..... Worried that the St Andrews one is 40% 😰 Had no idea they were that competitive?😳

Latest

Trending

Trending