The Student Room Group

St Dominic's

Hello
If I get 7 above C's and I am not Catholic is it guaranteed that I will get in St Dominic's? If not what is the best way to have a secure place in St Dominic's?
Hey! A ton of my friends went there - I don't think you would... all of my friends had high point scores but it's always worth a try 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
as in st. Dominic's on the Falls Road?
Reply 3
Original post by chloeematthews12
Hey! A ton of my friends went there - I don't think you would... all of my friends had high point scores but it's always worth a try 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you get your point score?
Reply 4
Original post by eve_4342
as in st. Dominic's on the Falls Road?

No, the one mount park ave
Original post by Loroy

you get a points score based on your GCSE's each grade gives you so many points and then they take an average

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Loroy
No, the one mount park ave

St Dominic is a overrated skl dont come here waste of time.
Reply 7
Original post by chloeematthews12
you get a points score based on your GCSE's each grade gives you so many points and then they take an average

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi
Can u pls tell me how they calculate the point
Original post by Loroy
Hi
Can u pls tell me how they calculate the point

Each grade is worth a certain amount of points... They add up all your points and then divide it by how many GCSE's you gained and that gives you your average point score

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Assuming you do not attend one of the (2) partner schools in Wealdstone, then it is unlikely. Typical requirement is 5A+5B (or better).

Original post by Loroy
Hello
If I get 7 above C's and I am not Catholic is it guaranteed that I will get in St Dominic's? If not what is the best way to have a secure place in St Dominic's?
Reply 10
Original post by Loroy

A*=8, A=7, B=6 etc.
Add your GCSE scores, get average.
Typically, 6.5 or better is minimum required to get offer.
Hi

I was not accepted into St Dominics but I have been averaging A/A* for all my subjects but I am not catholic. Everyone who applied as catholic got in with Bs and As whereas two of my friends have 6.5 scores and got accepted. They sent me an email to tell me I did not get accepted but they added a link to still remain interested for enrolment. When I pressed it, this came up:
20170329_163208.jpg
Does this mean I still have a chance of getting a space, I don't understand?
Original post by cheekymonkey6440
Hi

I was not accepted into St Dominics but I have been averaging A/A* for all my subjects but I am not catholic. Everyone who applied as catholic got in with Bs and As whereas two of my friends have 6.5 scores and got accepted. They sent me an email to tell me I did not get accepted but they added a link to still remain interested for enrolment. When I pressed it, this came up:
20170329_163208.jpg
Does this mean I still have a chance of getting a space, I don't understand?

I got the same thing when I clicked the link
Original post by Loroy
Hello

I am not catholic - I went st Doms. I had all A*-B predicted (I went to a bad high school) I got my rejected without interview! I put my name on the waiting list ... a day before school started they called me saying my GCSEs meant I got the offer. I became their top chemistry student and now study medicine at Oxford :P

So all in all ... hope this helps ... but if you get rejected doesn't mean you won't get a chance to go there!
Original post by skywalker24701
I got the same thing when I clicked the link

I really wanted to go there. Omg lol hopefully I'll see u there but i dont know you
Original post by XavierMyshkin
I am not catholic - I went st Doms. I had all A*-B predicted (I went to a bad high school) I got my rejected without interview! I put my name on the waiting list ... a day before school started they called me saying my GCSEs meant I got the offer. I became their top chemistry student and now study medicine at Oxford :P

So all in all ... hope this helps ... but if you get rejected doesn't mean you won't get a chance to go there!

Okay thanks for replying, very helpful.

Hopefull I get a place
Original post by SURH
St Dominic is a overrated skl dont come here waste of time.

^^^ This
If you really want to go I know people from my previous school that went there and they got a variety of results. You'll be fine.
@cheekymonkey6440, I got the same thing. Tell me if you find out what it means
Hi, Im in year 11 as of April 2017. I plan to take Maths, Physics, Economics and possibly Further Maths at St. Dominic's Sixth Form College. I have a conditional offer, in which I must meet the requirement of a 6.5 GPA. I was not however, invited to the admissions seminar, so anyone applying next year shouldn't worry if they don't either. For September 2017 applicants, If you didn't receive an offer by now, you admission has been rejected. Your final opportunity to secure a place at St. Dominic's Sixth Form College is to call up on GCSE results day, and inquire about available placements. I have a few questions however,
1) St. Dominic's claims to be the second best college in the UK, right after Cambridge Hills Road Sixth Form, but they're website is one of the only sources to confirm this. Can anyone else confirm this?
2) How many free periods are there at at St. Dominic's Sixth Form College weekly, - given the courses stated above. (Maths, Physics, Economics and Further Maths). I would believe that students with different course-loads have different numbers of free periods.
3) To achieve top grades, A*/A, how much time do students study on average? Are free periods usually used up to waste time, or spent almost entirely on increasing productivity?
any answers

Quick Reply

Latest