The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dinliltla
Thought it wonderful to see one fellow Romanian, but to see you're also from Timisoara!! Where have you applied to/what course?

Economics - at those 5 unis:Manchester , LSE , UCL , Nottingham and Bristol .
Original post by jmalley1
Nice! I applied for History and Education at Strathclyde and they wanted AAAA so I understand why they rejected me - but that doesn't mean they'll reject you! I don't think I'll get into Edinburgh either but like you say - it really is worth a shot!

Good luck to you too!

Where is your 1st choice going to be do you know? What did you apply for at Glasgow?
Got an offer from Loughborough for Sociology. 9pm I was about to go to sleep lol
Original post by scottishgirl163
Where is your 1st choice going to be do you know? What did you apply for at Glasgow?

Glasgow is my first choice - I applied for History/Sociology and I have an unconditional offer which has calmed my nerves! The course at Glasgow sounds really good and has a lot of content that I'm interested in. I'm really into Edinburgh but I don't think I'll get in.

What about you? Do you know what your first choice will be?
Anyone heard anything from Manchester for Law? That's the only one I might expect to hear back from before the 21st, because none of the LNAT unis will make any offers before then since that's when the LNAT scores are uploaded. :frown:
Glasgow is my first choice - I applied for History/Sociology and I have an unconditional offer which has calmed my nerves! The course at Glasgow sounds really good and has a lot of content that I'm interested in. I'm really into Edinburgh but I don't think I'll get in.

What about you? Do you know what your first choice will be?

See I was put off Glasgow because of the entry requirements but now that you've had an unconditional I may reconsider it.

I'm thinking Aberdeen right now but who knows hahahahah
Reply 1726
Original post by RelfTE
Has anyone received offers for PPE or Economics & Philosophy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phaha just checked my own UCAS track and I have an offer for PPE from UEA

Posted from TSR Mobile
See I was put off Glasgow because of the entry requirements but now that you've had an unconditional I may reconsider it.

I'm thinking Aberdeen right now but who knows hahahahah

AAAB are good grades - I'd give it a go if you like the course content and have a good personal statement. Are you doing 6th year or did you leave in S5?
I applied for Aberdeen but I don't think it's a very practical option for me!
AAAB are good grades - I'd give it a go if you like the course content and have a good personal statement. Are you doing 6th year or did you leave in S5?
I applied for Aberdeen but I don't think it's a very practical option for me!

Stayed on for 6th years doing AH Modern Studies and crashing Higher History, Geography and Economics! What about yourself?
Stayed on for 6th years doing AH Modern Studies and crashing Higher History, Geography and Economics! What about yourself?

You need at least ABBB in S5 to get a condtional from Glasgow so I say go for it! I left in S5 (June this year) and am taking a gap year, I'm just hoping for the best with the results I already have!
Original post by hs8
Where did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCL, King's and Queen Mary
Original post by NatoHeadshot
sweet physics for me
have you applied to other unis? if so which ones?

Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield😊
Got offer from University of Edinburgh and Glasgow ☺️
Original post by SayoniRoy
Got offer from University of Edinburgh and Glasgow ☺️

What did you apply for? :smile:
What did you apply for? :smile:

Computer science :smile:
Original post by SayoniRoy
Computer science :smile:

Best subject :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1736
Does it take longer for international students to get an offer from Warwick???
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Princepieman

That argument is quite subjective :tongue:
Has anyone else applied for History or History and Sociology?

I've applied to Glasgow, Strathclyde, Stirling, Edinburgh and Aberdeen.

My Scottish Highers are AAAB and I currently have a rejection from Strathclyde and an unconditional from Glasgow.

I also applied to aberdeen and stirling (intl relations and languages). did you get an acknowledgment from stirling?
Original post by ellamaddiet
just got an unconditional to nottingham

Congrats! What course?

Latest

Trending

Trending