The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

May be triggering

Spoiler

Gonna spoiler for rants, posible triggering stuff.
Feeling realllly ****.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
Test tomorrow, Been studying my butt off for the past 3 weeks. Still sure I'm going to fail. :cry2: When I told my wife how much I'm struggling, she suggested that she talk to one of her colleagues who is quite a big guy socially in this town and she said he might be able to get me a semi-decent job. So I guess if I do fail at least there's that backup plan. I can't take a class 4 times. :frown:

:hugs: I hope staying with your mum isn't too bad, though after having so much freedom I think for a lot of people it's not a nice experience having to go back there. And yeah, mentioning governments putting thoughts in your head does make people worry - I'm in the same situation, I keep getting these foreign thoughts. Though when I told my last psychiatrist about them and about the fact she was clearly working for the government I got sectioned. I don't know how these people expect people to be honest with them if their first thought is always sectioning. :frown: But glad to hear you avoided hospital at least. :smile:

I hope the test goes ok. Glad to hear you've got a back up.

I totally know what you mean about constantly fearing section if you mention too much to them. I'm now on above the highest dose suggested for amisulrpide. If it doesn't help in the next week I have to go to hospital and start clozapine again ffs.
Original post by Noodlzzz
I hope the test goes ok. Glad to hear you've got a back up.

I totally know what you mean about constantly fearing section if you mention too much to them. I'm now on above the highest dose suggested for amisulrpide. If it doesn't help in the next week I have to go to hospital and start clozapine again ffs.

I've had my pip refused without even getting an assessment, because i said i wasn't going to go to Leicester for 10.40 am, without directions, when i live in Derby. My cpn says every other one of his patients have had it done in Derby, so why do they have to put mine over an hour away on the bus, in Jesus' name!?? Plus the first time they cancelled it not me, and now i have been told that i'm not eligible for any more tries! God.
Original post by john2054
I've had my pip refused without even getting an assessment, because i said i wasn't going to go to Leicester for 10.40 am, without directions, when i live in Derby. My cpn says every other one of his patients have had it done in Derby, so why do they have to put mine over an hour away on the bus, in Jesus' name!?? Plus the first time they cancelled it not me, and now i have been told that i'm not eligible for any more tries! God.

Could you get your CPN to go with you maybe?
Could you get your CPN to go with you maybe?

No they have cancelled my claim. I have to put in a new claim now. Also my cpn has said he doesn't want to go with me. I will have my wife come, if they let me start again?
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Glad it's subsided a bit. She's not suggesting changing pace - she's suggesting stopping altogether. Changing pace would be less drastic and upsetting for me :frown:
Might be worth suggesting that if she gets all serious about stopping the sessions altogether?

Original post by Airmed
Hope you feel better now :hugs:
You too! :hugs:
Professor sent out the mark scheme for my exam this morning. I'm almost certain I haven't got the 75% I need. What kind of ****ing idiot fails a class 3 times? :banghead:

ETA: I got 60%. I'm such a ****ing loser. That was my best effort and all I got was just one mark from an F. Pathetic. He probably gave me a pity mark or something. Not allowed to share what's been happening since I found that out but I feel so bad. :cry2:
(edited 7 years ago)
I've decided to start a blog :woo: I think it'll be a good tool for me, because I like being productive and if I write about something, it helps me to understand it better. It's nice to look forward to something like this :h:
The single thing that helps me most when trying to deal with the voices is just talking to someone. Out-loud, face to face. Earlier today I needed that but my spouse just played the DS while lying next to me. How do I tell her that I just want to talk? I don't care if we talk about why one of the cats has poop on his butt, or the founding principles of Mormonism, I don't care. But she doesn't get this, I can't get her to say anything other than answering me, and really that is not what I need. I've tried to explain "please talk to me" but she doesn't and I don't understand why not. Is it really that weird that conversation helps me and I need to talk? How can I get her to do this? I don't have anyone I can call or talk to out-loud except her but she doesn't get it. :cry2:

Used Excel to work out classwork & exam weightings and hence what I need to get on the final class exam and final lab exam to get a C. I need 77% in each. :nothing: So only what I've never managed to get anywhere near in the 3 times I've done this class - fantastic! :frown: This is after spending a huge number of hours over the past 3 weeks studying for today's test; more revision than I've done for anything in many years - I even cut down my TSR a fair amount and still did awfully.
(edited 7 years ago)
Had my appointment with the CPN.

At best it was a farce, went in was seen for all of 15 minutes and basically told as I wasn't nervous around her, I was intelligent and clear spoken then I don't have depression and referred me back to occupational therapy.

Only I have been referred to occupational therapy twice before and both times tod they can't help me!
Original post by drbluebox
Had my appointment with the CPN.

At best it was a farce, went in was seen for all of 15 minutes and basically told as I wasn't nervous around her, I was intelligent and clear spoken then I don't have depression and referred me back to occupational therapy.

Only I have been referred to occupational therapy twice before and both times tod they can't help me!

What the hell.

I would complain. Just because you may function as a human being, that does not mean that everything is fine. For all the CPN could know, you might have high functioning depression! It makes me really angry to hear this. :angry:
I'll do a proper post on it next week, but if I run an MHSS secret santa would anyone be interested? The person that used to do them has left now unfortunately but it was really good! The limit would be about £5 so not to exclude people and I'll obviously keep addresses etc completely anonymous other than the person sending them. Let me know either way anyway just so I have an idea of whether people think it's worth doing or not :smile:

Hope everyone's okay!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by furryface12
I'll do a proper post on it next week, but if I run an MHSS secret santa would anyone be interested? The person that used to do them has left now unfortunately but it was really good! The limit would be about £5 so not to exclude people and I'll obviously keep addresses etc completely anonymous other than the person sending them. Let me know either way anyway just so I have an idea of whether people think it's worth doing or not :smile:

Hope everyone's okay!

That's such a lovely idea! I'd definitely be up for it. Also happy to help with any planning or promoting or anything if you need it :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Hope everyone's okay!

In :h:

Hope everyone's okay!

In :smile: was really nice when it was running.
These essays may be the end of me. I'm just really struggling with what they want me to do. I need more time, but they won't even consider it until something comes up in their own SpLD assessment, but I'm on a massive waiting list for it

Hope everyone's okay!

In. And if it happens, a questionnaire like we will have for the ST one? :hugs:
Original post by Deyesy
In :h:

In :smile: was really nice when it was running.

Original post by Airmed
In. And if it happens, a questionnaire like we will have for the ST one? :hugs:

Original post by chelseadagg3r
x

Yayy! Looks like this might be worth doing then :smile: watch this space! :excited:
My new doctor agreed to change my medication to aripripazole I'm so happy. I hope I won't get any side effects on it since I had a positive experience on it before. Anyone had any experiences with Aripripazole?

Latest