The Student Room Group

Maths advice

So here I am struggling my way through AS maths and this year I moved to a grammar school to do sixth form and my maths teachers are okay. One is really good and I understand what he teaches but the other one is poor. Also, I find that once I leave the lesson I forget everything. I'm trying to teach myself everything alongside the lessons so I'm not struggling but how do I go about this? I'm doing OCR MEI and I haven't found any good youtube channels or websites yet except integral...
Original post by Wordnerd2
So here I am struggling my way through AS maths and this year I moved to a grammar school to do sixth form and my maths teachers are okay. One is really good and I understand what he teaches but the other one is poor. Also, I find that once I leave the lesson I forget everything. I'm trying to teach myself everything alongside the lessons so I'm not struggling but how do I go about this? I'm doing OCR MEI and I haven't found any good youtube channels or websites yet except integral...

When you get home after a maths lesson, pracfice what you've learnt until you get it, if you're stuck and can't get the answer then ask your teacher.

Also OCR MEI is notoriously difficult for Maths so don't beat yourself up too much, just get as much practice in as you can and hopefully it will click.

Quick Reply

Latest