The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ukhopeful94
Just to be safe i wouldn't really do either of those lol just take the interview seriously and practice a lot, getting an interview is a big step so you don't wanna jeopardize it

true but they won't ask u to stand up right
Original post by Squish•
true but they won't ask u to stand up right

I don't see why they would ask you to haha
I don't see why they would ask you to haha

Were you born in 1994??
Original post by Squish•
Were you born in 1994??

yes :smile:
Hey fellow applicants! I am an international student so i didn't need to write the BMAT, and apparently i don't do an MMI, they do a panel interview at BSMS or an interview via video link (i'm from Canada so most likely will do the interview via video chat).

I have only received one e-mail from them referring to some contextual data info. None of the points apply to me because i'm not from the U.K.

I was wondering if anyone has heard back from them yet? Also does anyone know what kind of questions are asked during the interview?

Thanks!

Hey ! I 'm Canadian as well but I'm applying from within the UK as I already go to school here. I am also at the same stage as u where they sent me that email that's doesn't pertain to me so I just let them know. And I haven't gotten anything besides an acknowledgment email. And for the interview I don't know but I'm wondering way questions they would ask too ! Hope that helped ! :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anyone know if the BMAT cut off changes much each year? Last year's was 15.1 which is decent (well for me anyway since I've had only 2 weeks revision ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ). Having a last minute panic about everything, especially section 1
Original post by YouHaveProblems
Hmm Brighton said I need a new one to avoid plagiarism

BSMS does not use personal statements to select for interview. This year BSMS will not be using them in any part of the selection process.

BSMS would not have told you to write a new statement.
Hey everyone. Does anyone know how contextual data is used? And if it applies to a student how many points they'd lower the BMAT score by? No one seems to have an answer.

Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 68
I read that everyone on the contextual pathway will be ranked according to BMAT and then the top 100 scores would be invited to interview. This was on the website but I'm not 100% certain
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by e_f10
I read that everyone on the contextual pathway will be ranked according to BMAT and then the top 100 scores would be invited to interview. This was on the website but I'm not 100% certain

In that case isn't there a possibility that the BMAT score for those with contextual data could potentially be higher?
Reply 70
After the bmat results come out does anyone know how long bsms roughly take to tell you if u got an interview?. I know it can vary every year but does anyone have a rough estimate??
Original post by angoranimi
Anyone know if the BMAT cut off changes much each year? Last year's was 15.1 which is decent (well for me anyway since I've had only 2 weeks revision ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ). Having a last minute panic about everything, especially section 1

Nope, last year's was 16, that was 2015 entry! How does everyone think the BMAT went?
Original post by Medicine1303
Hey everyone. Does anyone know how contextual data is used? And if it applies to a student how many points they'd lower the BMAT score by? No one seems to have an answer.

Thank you :biggrin:

https://www.bsms.ac.uk/undergraduate/applying-to-bsms/admissions-process.aspx
Reply 73
Does anyone know when BSMS interviews are sent? Are our BMAT scores sent before we can access them on the 25th?
Original post by JAL591
Does anyone know when BSMS interviews are sent? Are our BMAT scores sent before we can access them on the 25th?

BSMS will aim to send the majority of interview invites out during December.
Original post by Medic_99
After the bmat results come out does anyone know how long bsms roughly take to tell you if u got an interview?. I know it can vary every year but does anyone have a rough estimate??

BSMS will aim to send the majority of interview invites out during December.
Original post by AnnekaChan173
Nope, last year's was 16, that was 2015 entry! How does everyone think the BMAT went?

Oh yeah I always keep mixing up entry dates, so 2015 entry means for those who applied in 2014 ok got it. Would be good if they updated the website!
I found it quite hard overall, especially section 1. Section 3 was a generous essay I must admit so hopefully at least a 3A *fingers crossed*. But I think many people (well tsr) found it to be difficult.
Did everyone who achieved 16+ get called for interview last year? Hopefully the cut off will fall to 15 again
Original post by angoranimi
Oh yeah I always keep mixing up entry dates, so 2015 entry means for those who applied in 2014 ok got it. Would be good if they updated the website!
I found it quite hard overall, especially section 1. Section 3 was a generous essay I must admit so hopefully at least a 3A *fingers crossed*. But I think many people (well tsr) found it to be difficult.
Did everyone who achieved 16+ get called for interview last year? Hopefully the cut off will fall to 15 again

I think so, as long as they didnt get under a 3 in Sections one and two. I was a weird one since I had tonsillitis at the time, so I had special circumstances, which is why I got in with lower. Fingers crossed!
So how is everyone feeling about the BMAT? :smile: I personally don't know what to expect on results' day :\ Hopefully the cut-off won't increase again this year :biggrin:
Does anyone know what time interviews are given out / rejections?

Latest

Trending

Trending