The Student Room Group

Muslim child reported to police for 'bullet' which was just piece of brass

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/nov/06/school-reports-muslim-boy-7-police-bullet-piece-brass

Shows the state of Islamophobia in the UK. All the child had was a price of brass from an instrument and he gets reported to police for having a bullet. They caused him a lot of stress that was not needed. Undoubtedly, there are going to be hateful people on here who dismiss Islamophobic attacks.

This is not an isolated incident. 1041 schoolchildren, the vast of majority of whom were Muslims, were reported to the police because of the government's Prevent strategy. Treating Muslim children like terrorists or potential terrorists isn't going to get the Muslims on your side.It's going to alienate the community further and it's going to lead to more animosity against the UK among Muslims.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BigTraderBoi
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/nov/06/school-reports-muslim-boy-7-police-bullet-piece-brass

Shows the state of Islamophobia in the UK. All the child had was a price of brass from an instrument and he gets reported to police for having a bullet. They caused him a lot of stress that was not needed. Undoubtedly, there are going to be hateful people on here who dismiss Islamophobic attacks.

This is not an isolated incident. 1041 schoolchildren, the vast of majority of whom were Muslims, were reported to the police because of the government's Prevent strategy. Treating Muslim children like terrorists or potential terrorists isn't going to get the Muslims on your side.It's going to alienate the community further and it's going to lead to more animosity against the UK among Muslims.

The kid was telling people it was a bullet. Regardless of whether or not it was the fact of the matter is that somebody needed to make it clear to him that even messing around saying things like that isn't acceptable, and that message coming from the police might mean more than it would coming from a teacher.
Reply 2
I notice you conveniently neglected to mention this bit of the article.

St Edward’s school in Birmingham contacted police after the boy claimed a brass cylinder was a bullet for a rifle and told teachers his teenage brother, who had been on an army cadet course, had held a weapon.

The school did the right thing.
Absolutely disgusting, if a non-Muslim did this the teachers would probably laugh it off or just call his parents, the problem is that they targeted him specifically because he is a Muslim.
Original post by akbar0123
Absolutely disgusting, if a non-Muslim did this the teachers would probably laugh it off or just call his parents, the problem is that they targeted him specifically because he is a Muslim.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/racist-brownies-3rd-grade-party_us_577541e9e4b042fba1cf5ccc
A non white but non muslim child was at a party and said something about brownies (the Chocolate snack) and the police came into the school.

Remember that kid that brought a clock in a suitcase to school and he was muslim, and was thought to be a threat because you know a clock in a bloody suitcase is perfectly normal. oh yeah he was invited to the whitehouse to MIT and got a ton of money from this Hmm thats really islamaphobic

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353233/Boy-7-charged-police-bringing-toy-Nerf-gun-school.html

There are plenty more stupid reasons why police have been called to school. but because this kid that claimed to have a bullet casing was Muslim it has to be islamaphobia.

How many times are you going to pull the Islamophobia card?

You also failed to mention that he said it was a bullet casing his brother gave him, that could be suspicious and I would hope it be investigated if the boy was white black muslim gay or whatever.

As a gun owner myself I have strict guidelines and if I had a brother that claimed I was holding weapons I would be fine with being investigated, I would rather they investigate if it even stops one shooting.

DCI Nick Dale said: “Officers will always thoroughly investigate any reports of unlawful guns and ammunition that are reported in the community.”

And rightfully so.
(edited 7 years ago)
Let's not let the fact that the child was saying it was a bullet ruin our narrative of Islamophobia folks. /s.

People say Islamophobia is bad, but why shouldn't be be afraid? Most terrorism is carried out by Muslims, half of them want homosexuality illegal (they're killed in Islamic countries), and a third think its justified to use violence against those who insult Islam.

That said, my bestie is a Muslim :smile:
My muslim friend (whom is white) was reported, because she became muslim.
The kid was telling everyone it was a bullet? How is him being reported Islamophobic? The kid should learn not to joke around about things.
Disgusting.
recently a Muslim child told his teacher he lived in "a terrorist house... ".... all hell broke lose.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/01/20/muslim-child-terrorist-house-spelling-error_n_9025336.html
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
loooooooooool the kid was saying it was a bullet

that's like me being like
"imma blow you up m8"
and then getting the police called on me then claiming it's cos i'm brown

it don't work like that xD

Bruh.

The kid was telling people it was a bullet.
Yeah, you haven't fooled everyone, it would seem.

I'm actually surprised The Guardian left in the part about him telling everyone it was a bullet.

Lesson learned: don't walk around telling people you have a bullet, or else some busybodies might report you.
Reply 13
Absolutely the right decision considering he was saying it's a bullet. This culture of avoiding criticism of Muslims at all costs is getting beyond absurd now.
Muslims just love acting like victims.
Reply 16
Original post by akbar0123
I didn't know Rosetta Stone did a CD to learn how to speak sphericals.
Reply 17
Reply 18

But the child claimed he had a bullet, so the school was obliged to follow procedures. Are you suggesting that Muslims should not be subject to the same rules as non-Muslims?

And again, we have the tired old "don't try and stop Muslims from becoming terrorists, or they'll become terrorists".
Are you children?

I have been stopped and searched by police or private security on many occasions, but strangely enough it didn't make me want to take drugs or carry weapons. How can that be? Am I different?
Reply 19
Original post by WrenLazarus
My muslim friend (whom is white) was reported, because she became muslim.
Western converts are often more fanatical than cultural Muslims. And converting to Islam shows that you are already susceptible to indoctrination into unpleasant ideology - so makes sense really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending