The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tiger Rag
I was on the lowest dose. My mum takes it at a higher dose and called me a wimp. :lol: Charming!

Haha I used to get the same with my mum and painkillers :laugh: I'm on 10mg, which I read to be the dose you might give to a 6 year old with a bedwetting issue :laugh:
Hi everyone! Just thought I'd update you on my situation.

My brother is being picked up by ambulance in 4-6 hours to go to Sheffield, where he'll be sectioned. He'll be sectioned initially for up to 28 days, but they could choose to extend it (and often do in his case). We're all very very happy, him included. I feel bad to be so happy about him going away, but I can actually feel safe again knowing that he's not here to do anything, and he's being taken care of. This happens every time they mess with his meds out of hospital, so finally they will hopefully settle on something while he's there. Huge relief
Is it possible to feel addicted to feeling bad and anxious.

Because I seem to keep finding new ways to torture myself. I've worried about a guy I went on a couple dates with, accommodation, friendships and other random things since I started uni. And today's gripe was worry about my future because I didn't get a first in my first essay.

It seems like I just can't stay on a good level. I constantly have to have these stupid dips to obsess over.
Original post by Noodlzzz
That sucks! Could you write a letter for yourself and just them to sign and head it?

Not sure if they'll agree to that, but it's definitely a good idea if the disability services don't accept the piece of crap they wrote.

Are you back on the clozapine?
Just had my first session with the retired psychiatrist I'm getting therapy with. He's so nice and really easy to talk to. Hoping that he can help me, he seemed optimistic that he can. He did make some interesting points asking why I'm doing a class I hate and keep failing when there are other options. I didn't have an answer to that. :/
Original post by Sabertooth
Not sure if they'll agree to that, but it's definitely a good idea if the disability services don't accept the piece of crap they wrote.

Are you back on the clozapine?

It's worth a try! When will you know if the current letter has been accepted?

Not yet, I'm hoping tonight. If not tomorrow night. I think they're just waiting on baseline bloods.
Original post by Sabertooth
Just had my first session with the retired psychiatrist I'm getting therapy with. He's so nice and really easy to talk to. Hoping that he can help me, he seemed optimistic that he can. He did make some interesting points asking why I'm doing a class I hate and keep failing when there are other options. I didn't have an answer to that. :/

I'm glad you like him. I hope it all goes well :hugs:
Original post by Airmed
What do you mean, deadline? :holmes:

If I dont reply within 10 days of the letter being sent, they'll remove me from the list and I won't be able to see anyone because im not interested.
Idk when the deadline is, so i replied immediately
The hospital won't take my brother because he's so ill :facepalm:

They're gonna start searching for a bed in a hospital that can handle his needs tomorrow :s-smilie:
Original post by FireFreezer77
If I dont reply within 10 days of the letter being sent, they'll remove me from the list and I won't be able to see anyone because im not interested.
Idk when the deadline is, so i replied immediately

Oh. All NHS outpatient appointments have a thing like that.
So sick of my health anxiety, feels like I'm going round and round in circles and pissing off all my friends and family in the process by sharing my worries with them again and again.

I'm actually so upset ughhh
Original post by Airmed
Oh. All NHS outpatient appointments have a thing like that.

I know but it just angered me because I've waited so long and if I didn't get the letter I wouldn't be seeing anyone (I May not be yet anyway).
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
Is it possible to feel addicted to feeling bad and anxious.

Because I seem to keep finding new ways to torture myself. I've worried about a guy I went on a couple dates with, accommodation, friendships and other random things since I started uni. And today's gripe was worry about my future because I didn't get a first in my first essay.

It seems like I just can't stay on a good level. I constantly have to have these stupid dips to obsess over.

I know I can get 'used to' being psychotic and feel very weird when I'm actually functioning. I wouldn't go as far as to say I induce the psychosis or enjoy it, but I do kind of miss it when it's not there. Not sure if you can relate. Hope you managed to sort your worries out :hugs:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
So sick of my health anxiety, feels like I'm going round and round in circles and pissing off all my friends and family in the process by sharing my worries with them again and again.

I'm actually so upset ughhh

That must be tough. I'm sorry it's your struggle. I occasionally do get health anxiety but it's just one of GAD manifestations.

Original post by Noodlzzz
I know I can get 'used to' being psychotic and feel very weird when I'm actually functioning. I wouldn't go as far as to say I induce the psychosis or enjoy it, but I do kind of miss it when it's not there. Not sure if you can relate. Hope you managed to sort your worries out :hugs:

Well there might have been a time when I enjoyed the darkness. That's no longer the case thankfully. But when I have a new thing to worry about, it feels so overwhelming and it's only when I'm given help or reassurance and I'm feeling unmuddled that I realise that it's just my brain torturing me again.
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
That must be tough. I'm sorry it's your struggle. I occasionally do get health anxiety but it's just one of GAD manifestations.

GAD?

It's really bad, it's been going on for 5 months now and I'm actually mentally exhausted. It started when I found a lump in my armpit, now the size of the lump has decreased and all the docs I've seen have said I shouldn't worry but I've read way too many horror stories on the internet of people not getting a proper diagnosis and this whole thing had driven me insane.

It really upsets me, like a lot and it's mostly because I have no control over my irrational thoughts which cause me anxiety. However today I did tell my self to stfu this morning in an aggressive way, and it helped my brain calm down a little -_-
-_- anon fail.

Oh well, idc

@Kvothe the Arcane
Sigh
Why is it that when I'm in a more balanced mood something else decides to take the place of extreme mood as though my brain is saying nope no you can't have any peace of mind even for just one week.

Now all my paranoia and bad dreams have come back and anxiety about failing my re sits at an all time high.
I need a hug :sad:
Original post by StrawbAri
Sigh
Why is it that when I'm in a more balanced mood something else decides to take the place of extreme mood as though my brain is saying nope no you can't have any peace of mind even for just one week.

Now all my paranoia and bad dreams have come back and anxiety about failing my re sits at an all time high.
I need a hug :sad:

Ugh I know how that feels :colonhash:
Does anyone have any advice on dealing with an inferiority complex?

@TheonlyMrsHolmes, I will respond to you in a second.
Original post by Anonymous
Ugh I know how that feels :colonhash:

:console:

Why don't our brains come with an on/off switch :colonhash:

Latest