The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
Guessing Aberdeen, CCG and Bernstein are summer internships?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yup
This Q is like asking how spicy is a pizza vs pasta.

Yes, some pizzas are spicy and some pasta dishes are spicy.

If you want to upgrade from pasta (S&T) to lasagne (an HF) it has to have the same meat (product). Likewise with pizza (AM). Lasagnas (HFs) come in all shapes (strategies) and sizes (AUM) with different meats (product coverage).

Posted from TSR Mobile

something tells me you've been hitting the nearby prezzo too much... :smile:
how long for the ms tests? got seminars til 6 and i have a full day tomorrow.
Reply 2003
Original post by Trader07
No, they usually don't. I have talked to a lot of HRs about this in Networking Events. There are very very few first year students getting internships (IB, PWM, AM) and most of them have contacs in their family or their parents are important clients. If you don't have any of that they said it's just a waste of time to even apply as a first year student considering the amount of applications from second and final year students. But you can still try, but don't expect too much.

I suppose CCG is the ones offering IB? Aberdeem seems to only be offering AM stuff and Berstain PWM.
Original post by tazza ma razza
something tells me you've been hitting the nearby prezzo too much... :smile:

Ahahahaha, you could say that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This might be the wrong thread to ask, but does anyone have a list of the management consulting insight things for first year undergrads?
applied 12.10.

applied on 18.10....

only received an email saying apogise for any delay....

I assume the rejection is on its way.....
Original post by h3110
This might be the wrong thread to ask, but does anyone have a list of the management consulting insight things for first year undergrads?

big 4
mckinsey
ow
bdo
some boutiques (you'll have to find them yourself)
has blackrock opened btw - i can't find it in the thread
Reply 2009
big 4
mckinsey
ow
bdo

Hey, is this Inside Oliver Wyman - Core Consultant Group, a first year undergrad thing?
big 4
mckinsey
ow
bdo

Thanks.

Do you know what the oliver wyman and bdo ones are called? I'm searching google and their websites and can't find anything :frown:
14/14 banks sent: GS, MS, JPM, BAML, Citi, Laz, Roths, Barc, Nomura, HSBC, BNPP, CS, DB, UBS. Indicated preference for IBD where possible except for BNPP which is markets.

Dunno if I cba for BP IST or Fidelity tbh.

Let the SW games begin.

You hear back from Barclays today?
Original post by Robadond
You hear back from Barclays today?

Nah mayne, don't think this next day hearing back window is true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah mayne, don't think this next day hearing back window is true.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I agree. Maybe they did when apps first opened, but now they're probably too overloaded to get back the next day..
Original post by h3110
Thanks.

Do you know what the oliver wyman and bdo ones are called? I'm searching google and their websites and can't find anything :frown:

bdo should be easy to find, literally a google search
ow i have no clue - i'll ask my friend who got in to it last year
was that a yh/no on blackrock + the big 4?
Offer from UBS CCS!!And it's my birthday today OMG can't believe it😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also didn't hear back the following day but with all the people who got an offer the next I think that it's maybe not a rejection, but you are not convencing enough and they have you on the waiting list until they filled the places with the "top picks". Should than still be a place (which I doubt) than they will get back to the others.

This is what I was thinking, given the sheer number of applications the "top picks" will probably fill all the places.

Meh, atleast Barclays is out of the way then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long does BAML take to get back to you after telephone interview ?
I got an offer the next day as well. That's how it works, if u don't get an offer you are either rejected (but i assume they would inform you straight away) or you are put on the waiting list. That's how rolling basis recruiting work. So since you did not hear back from them, you are most likely on the waiting list as you are not convincing enough to get an offer, but still good enough not to be rejected straight away.

Latest

Trending

Trending