The Student Room Group

Geography Applicants 2017 - Oxford

Hi - Just thought I would start up an Oxford Geography Applicant page!

I have applied for Brasenose for 2017 entry.

How are people preparing for interviews and do people know when we will find the results?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ben900

How are people preparing for interviews and do people know when we will find the results?

Hey!

I applied to Keble for 2017.
Interview invitations or rejections are sent out between mid November and beginning December. It's pretty scary...

I'm probably just going to do some wider reading and organise a mock interview.
Hey! I applied to Christ Church 2017.
I know interview offers haven't been given out yet, but I've started preparing already to ease the fear.
Been reading around the other units we don't do in my course and reading a book or two around the topic i discussed in my PS.
How did you guys find the TSA? What essay question did you choose
Reply 3
Original post by saadthekhan
I know interview offers haven't been given out yet, but I've started preparing already to ease the fear.
Been reading around the other units we don't do in my course and reading a book or two around the topic i discussed in my PS.

I did an essay on climate change. I ended up taking the test in Vietnam because I was there at the beginning of November so it may have been different idk
Applied to St Johns
Original post by Ben900

Original post by scorpydo
Hey!

I applied to Keble for 2017.
Interview invitations or rejections are sent out between mid November and beginning December. It's pretty scary...

I'm probably just going to do some wider reading and organise a mock interview.

Original post by saadthekhan

Original post by chumaniward
Applied to St Johns

What GCSEs and A Level predictions do you all have? Asking for my cousin! Good luck everyone :tongue:

Have you heard back yet?
i'm applying to hertford college... has anyone had a reply yet?? 😬😬
Original post by fantanotbanta

How are your grades if you don't mind me asking? My cousin is panicking and I keep trying to tell him that he's going to be fine and it's not the end of the world if he doesn't get in, but it would put his mind at rest to find out how other people are doing.
Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx
How are your grades if you don't mind me asking? My cousin is panicking and I keep trying to tell him that he's going to be fine and it's not the end of the world if he doesn't get in, but it would put his mind at rest to find out how other people are doing.

I got 7A*s 6As and 2Bs at GCSE, and 3As and a B at AS
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx
What GCSEs and A Level predictions do you all have? Asking for my cousin! Good luck everyone :tongue:

Have you heard back yet?

I got 8A*s,1A and 3Bs at GCSE, 3 As at AS level and I got an A* in an A level I took early.
Tell your cousin not to worry, they're not alone in the continuous worrying... I have a mini heart attack every time I get an email :biggrin:
Original post by fantanotbanta

Nope nothing yet...
I got 9A* at GCSE, we didn't really have AS exams, but I got an A* in maths which i did early, and A in EPQ. Predicted 4A*1A in my A levels along with EPQ. Did you guys see brasenose's post on the main forum? Geography offers will be from next week!
11A* GCSE 4As 1B at AS predicted A*A*A*A
Reply 13
Have a day off ya busy cooooouuuumt
9 A*s 2 As in the IGCSEs, predicted 45 in the IB
As far as I know for Brasnose, Geography responses will be sent out over the next week
Good luck to everyone!!
Reply 16
Has anyone heard anything from ChristChurch yet? I'm getting really worried I'm still waiting!
Original post by gwat
Has anyone heard anything from ChristChurch yet? I'm getting really worried I'm still waiting!

I applied to Christ Church too. Apparently they'll be sending out the interview offers by next week.
Reply 18
Original post by A_Sircar
I applied to Christ Church too. Apparently they'll be sending out the interview offers by next week.

Thank you!! I've been panicking because so many other people have heard.
Got an invitation for interview at St. John's!
However, I was relocated (applied to Mansfield)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending