The Student Room Group

Studying Politics as an European student.

Hi! I'm a spanish student currently doing my A2s & stressing about uni courses.

I'm interested in a degree in Politics/International Relations/Economics. The issue is that I'm worried that the syllabus will be predominantly about English Politics/Bristish Systems.
Do international students normally study Politics? Any advice?
Reply 1
If you go onto the individual universities' websites you should be able to download a detailed syllabus where it will tell you the specifics of the course :smile:
Original post by crisrmaillo
Hi! I'm a spanish student currently doing my A2s & stressing about uni courses.

I'm interested in a degree in Politics/International Relations/Economics. The issue is that I'm worried that the syllabus will be predominantly about English Politics/Bristish Systems.
Do international students normally study Politics? Any advice?

I studied International Relations at uni in the UK- there were a fair number of international students. We only lightly touched on British politics- in a compulsory module on liberal democracy we spent one week looking at the British system and I chose to take a module looking at a history of Britains relationship with what's now the EU since the end of WW2. I could have studied something less British focused though. In fact other modules I took covered US Foreign Policy, International Organisations, International Politics since 1945- mostly assessing the cold war situation, Relgious Fundamentalism all over the world, a quick whiz through Modern European History from 1780's onwards amongst other things. I could have chosen to take modules on Australian Politics, US Politics, the Israel Palestine Conflict, the EU without the British bit, International Security e.c.t

Each university is different and as ions said virtually all of them now display course content on their websites.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending