The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

University of Stirling Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
is it easy to switch between courses once your in the university (within reason and certain time period)? I've heard that Stirling is quite flexible.
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Unconditional offer for Journalism Studies and Spanish :smile:
Reply 22
When did you apply (I've also applied to journalsim) x
Original post by Zara🎀
When did you apply (I've also applied to journalsim) x

I applied on the 30th of November and heard back on the 1st of December :smile:
Original post by iwelinaaa
Im applying for Psychology so does anyone have like any idea how is the course there!? Has someone receive any offers by now? :smile:

Hey I have an unconditional for psychology and stirling is my first choice so will defiitely be going there i think :smile: i went to teh open day and teh course description was really good but obviously im not 100% sure how well teh course is but it sounds like there is a lot of suupport :smile: good luck for your offer!
Original post by Zoe_1994
Hey I have an unconditional for psychology and stirling is my first choice so will defiitely be going there i think :smile: i went to teh open day and teh course description was really good but obviously im not 100% sure how well teh course is but it sounds like there is a lot of suupport :smile: good luck for your offer!

Hey, congratulations! When did you send your application and when did you receive your offer? I`m just curious because it is really exhausting to wait :biggrin:
Original post by iwelinaaa
Hey, congratulations! When did you send your application and when did you receive your offer? I`m just curious because it is really exhausting to wait :biggrin:

Thankyou! I no it is really horrible waiting!! i sent my application in on 9th november and heard back on 1st december :smile: hope u hear back soon!
Thankyou! I no it is really horrible waiting!! i sent my application in on 9th november and heard back on 1st december :smile: hope u hear back soon!

I hope so too! Thank you so much! :smile:)
Original post by chunkyandfunky
I'm applying for Social Work! :hello:

Hi, I'm from Northern Ireland and have also applied for Social work at Stirling. Have you heard anything from them? I've had to scan my qualifications to them and log on to the portal but it says 20% and awaiting decision. That was a few weeks ago!!
Original post by Charlotte49
This thread is a general discussion area for anyone applying to the University of Stirling for 2017 entry.

Any questions about life at Stirling are welcomed, as are queries about accommodation, funding etc.

I'm a recent graduate so I'm happy to answer any questions you might have :smile:

I applied for psychology but will be choosing another 2 subjects, i'm just wondering when i get to choose my other 2 subjects? is it next may after everyone has heard back?
I applied for psychology but will be choosing another 2 subjects, i'm just wondering when i get to choose my other 2 subjects? is it next may after everyone has heard back?

Sorry I'm not sure as I did a straight nursing degree and didn't have to make module choices so can't advise. Maybe someone else here will know or you could contact the uni to find out.
Thank you very much, were you able to do the other modules that you wanted to do? Im just wondering if theres a lot of competition for everything!
I'll be getting mine in early so i will probly be fine :smile: Thanks for ur help!
Original post by socialworker2be
Hi, I'm from Northern Ireland and have also applied for Social work at Stirling. Have you heard anything from them? I've had to scan my qualifications to them and log on to the portal but it says 20% and awaiting decision. That was a few weeks ago!!

Hey! I've only just sent off my application so nothing so far! Best of luck xx
I got an reply from them via UCAS on 07/12/16
Original post by laurenxparker
I got an reply from them via UCAS on 07/12/16

Was that for social work?
Received an unconditional for BSc (Hons) Maths and it's Applications. Stirling is my first choice, anyone in the same boat?
Original post by MathsAndCoffee
Received an unconditional for BSc (Hons) Maths and it's Applications. Stirling is my first choice, anyone in the same boat?

Congrats! :biggrin: I only got the acknowledgment of my application from Stirling today so I may have a lil while to wait for a reply. :yep: When did you send your application?
I haven't really decided if it's my first choice yet but I love the campus!

Also not sure how long they take a break for at Christmas and new year? Wouldnt expect to hear anything till January now probably. :redface:
Original post by Shadow Hunters
Congrats! :biggrin: I only got the acknowledgment of my application from Stirling today so I may have a lil while to wait for a reply. :yep: When did you send your application?
I haven't really decided if it's my first choice yet but I love the campus!

Also not sure how long they take a break for at Christmas and new year? Wouldnt expect to hear anything till January now probably. :redface:

Thanks 😊.

Sent my application off three weeks ago, however if took my referee a while to finish my reference. 😂

Yeah, the campus does look really good.

What have you applied to study?😁

I've applied to Aberdeen, Strathclyde, Stirling and Glasgow. Only heard from Stirling, it's my preferred choice since I live close by and can't afford to live in halls.
Original post by MathsAndCoffee
Thanks 😊.

Sent my application off three weeks ago, however if took my referee a while to finish my reference. 😂

Yeah, the campus does look really good.

What have you applied to study?😁

I've applied to Aberdeen, Strathclyde, Stirling and Glasgow. Only heard from Stirling, it's my preferred choice since I live close by and can't afford to live in halls.

Same, took a week or so for my referee to send it. :redface: How long did it take to get an offer after the referee sent it?

It's a real campus university, feels safer than places like Glasgow because it has very good security although I do like Glasgow too. :smile:

I applied to history! :biggrin: Universities applied to are- Stirling, St Andrews, Edinburgh and then Aberdeen and Glasgow.

Stirling is fairly close to home so I know I'd be happy there! Although not close enough that I could commute. :smile: But it should be fine, I'd like to learn how to cook and stuff so I think I'd prefer living in halls.

Quick Reply

Latest