The Student Room Group

Chemistry students, how are you enjoying it?

As the title says, I would like to know how chemistry students (and former) are finding chemistry (or found chemistry) at A-Level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Ah it's just wonderful!

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by Moltenmo
As the title says, I would like to *join how chemistry students (and former) are finding chemistry (or found chemistry) at A-Level?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Typo: *know, not join.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by SkyRees
Ah it's just wonderful!

Spoiler

More information please lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
More information please lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never want to see another titration or ionic equation for the rest of my life. :P
Reply 5
Original post by SkyRees
I never want to see another titration or ionic equation for the rest of my life. :P

Why's that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Titrations are just quite boring and ionic equations never seem to make sense to me no matter how much practise or explanation someone gives me on it haha
4th year chem student here, what do you want to know? :redface: I didn't do A-level though, I did advanced higher
One of my favourite subjects, although it is probably the hardest as well.
Reply 9
Original post by langlitz
4th year chem student here, what do you want to know? :redface: I didn't do A-level though, I did advanced higher

Hi,
A few questions:
Were the concepts/information difficult to understand?
Alongside the other subjects you did in advanced higher (although I am unfamiliar with this this), did you find it a challenge?
Which other subjects would you say were useful in chemistry? (For instance, maths for calculation perhaps)
Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by HopelessMedic
One of my favourite subjects, although it is probably the hardest as well.

Which other subjects did you choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by SkyRees
Titrations are just quite boring and ionic equations never seem to make sense to me no matter how much practise or explanation someone gives me on it haha

Yeah, I've heard the same. Are you in your first or second year? (Guessing first)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which other subjects did you choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths, Bio and Physics.
We have a love hate relationship.

Spoiler

Reply 14
Original post by Emmiassa
We have a love hate relationship.

Spoiler

Why mostly hate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
It's my favourite subject, despite it being the only one I'm struggling with. So far I'm finding the theory side of things to be interesting and straightforward, though the maths side is killing me! I just can't wrap my head around some of the questions and never know where I'm going wrong :biggrin:
Overall, it's enjoyable.
Reply 16
Original post by HopelessMedic
Maths, Bio and Physics.

Aside chemistry, I plan on doing economics, maths and politics. Do you think I can cope?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I've heard the same. Are you in your first or second year? (Guessing first)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Technically. I'm on a gap year after A2s doing AS Chem cause I'm bored :P
Aside chemistry, I plan on doing economics, maths and politics. Do you think I can cope?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course, although taking 4 subjects isn't really necessary. What do you want to do at uni?
It's actually my favourite subject but I'm struggling a lot as I'm the only person in my class who hasn't taken maths or stats. Now we're on module 3 I'm finding it a lot easier to understand and grasp because maths just isn't my strong point (i got told I'd cope fine without maths because of my maths GCSE but eh clearly not). I really find it so much more interesting from GCSE though. I love it really.

Quick Reply

Latest