The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

I've cured my depression

I will update this and reply to this tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fish40
I will update this and reply to this tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you do it? :smile:
How?? And congrats :thumbsup:
Reply 3
Well done!! I managed to after a couple of years, most amazing feeling!! 💛
Reply 4
This is great! I'm glad to hear. For me getting out of it was relatively easy but I struggled staying out of it for a long time and kept falling back in but once time went by it just went, my brain readjusted, suddenly I actually wanted things from life and realised it doesn't have to be the same. It's a great thing to experience, it gives so much light, something I could only wish for others to experience
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
This is for depressed people:
Here's what I did: listen to Lana Del Rey - Video Games or Coldplay - The Scientist and whilst listening, only care about yourself, care about your feelings, like you did when you were younger, don't fake anything, you don't have to smile all the time

Try to get back to your true feelings, not depression feeling sorry for yourself feelings

Some patience is needed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Fish40
This is for depressed people:
Here's what I did: listen to Lana Del Rey - Video Games or Coldplay - The Scientist and whilst listening, only care about yourself, care about your feelings, like you did when you were younger, don't fake anything, you don't have to smile all the time

Try to get back to your true feelings, not depression feeling sorry for yourself feelings

Some patience is needed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, no offence but if music and some happy thoughts 'cured' your 'depression', you were never depressed to begin with, you probably just felt a little down.
Reply 7
Original post by Ciel.
Lol, no offence but if music and some happy thoughts 'cured' your 'depression', you were never depressed to begin with, you probably just felt a little down.

What is depression then? Isn't it feeling sorry for yourself, having no motivation to do anything, it's almost having no feeling, it's not feeling ****, its emptiness, no purpose of life, and I've been like this since Nov 2015, I've listened to music so much in that time and it never affected me, but I snapped out of it, I was depressed

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Fish40
What is depression then? Isn't it feeling sorry for yourself, having no motivation to do anything, it's almost having no feeling, it's not feeling ****, its emptiness, no purpose of life, and I've been like this since Nov 2015, I've listened to music so much in that time and it never affected me, that's because then i never truly tried to get back to my own true feelings, I was depressed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, and all that miraculously disappeared after listening to Video Games by Lana del Rey and one Coldplay song, oh and some positive thoughts. Have you considered writing to Pope Francis? He might actually recognize Lana del Ray's miracle, you never know.
Reply 9
Original post by Ciel.
Ok, and all that miraculously disappeared after listening to Video Games by Lana del Rey and one Coldplay song, oh and some positive thoughts. Have you considered writing to Pope Francis? He might actually recognize Lana del Ray's miracle, you never know.

Maybe I wasn't depressed your right, what is depression? Do you think

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm with Ciel on this. Most of my depression is situational, which has meant removing myself from said situation. Of course, it doesn't then magically go. It does take some time to go.
Original post by Fish40

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you say that you had depression, it means that you had clinical (or major) depression.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/depression/Pages/Introduction.aspx

It affected my family member once (I won't say which one) and their bout of depression lasted a week. They didn't want to speak, or comunicate. They seemed dead inside. They looked depressed however we couldn't find a way to cheer them up.

They eventually recovered from that bout of depression but I don't know if it was because of something (such as music), medication or whether it just happened by itself.
Reply 12
Original post by Fish40
What is depression then? Isn't it feeling sorry for yourself, having no motivation to do anything, it's almost having no feeling, it's not feeling ****, its emptiness, no purpose of life, and I've been like this since Nov 2015, I've listened to music so much in that time and it never affected me, but I snapped out of it, I was depressed

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry but depression isn't something you can just 'snap out of'
Original post by Fish40

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure exactly how depression can be defined, it can be a range of possible things from feeling a little sad to major clinical depression. I myself have never been diagnosed with depression, but my parents and friends believe it possible. I've always seen depression as being separate from the world around you: not taking anything in, not wanting to do anything, having no motivation and always feeling negative about everything. There's much more to it than that, but as has already been said, proper clinical depression is generally something that takes months, if not years to heal, and is extremely hard to get rid of.
congratsss!
Reply 15
Original post by Ciel.
Have you considered writing to Pope Francis? He might actually recognize Lana del Ray's miracle, you never know.

Can vouch for this
Lana Del Rey gives me life
:colonhash:
Depression is more about extremely low energy than sadness, sadness is just a symptom of that. However, I do think your advice is still a good coping mechanism for depression if done regularly. It's very important to rekindle self-pity when you're depressed.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fish40

Posted from TSR Mobile

You managed to snap out of depression eh? My asthma was the result of me not breathing properly so I just snapped out of it and decided to breathe properly. Amazing cure.
(edited 7 years ago)
Depression is one of the easiest things (along with anxiety) to get diagnosed with. If you haven't been diagnosed there's a very good chance you never had it
Reply 19
Original post by Fish40

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can look up the actual definition if you want. Look, I'm not trying to say that you're lying, or that you haven't been suffering. I'm sure it was awful but I think you were just going through a rough patch, and had really low mood. Listening to music and trying to change your thought patterns probably helped you get through it. But you can't just snap out of depression so easily, that's the problem with it.

Latest