The Student Room Group

help !

Right so I've ****ed up.
Since year 7 I've had a few issues with home life, Health (Mental , Physical and Emotional), just everything really, the past 7 years have been ****.
I was kicked out of school for getting in with the wrong crowd witch lead to a breakdown and was later kicked out of college due to another breakdown, well anyways long story short I finally know what I want to do with my life, and really want to go to Uni, its taken me years and countless tries to sort myself out, and I've finally done it.
so I guess my question is, is there any chance I would be able to get into Uni? I've got the basic GCSE'S (from alternitive prevision) and had a few jobs but is that really gonna help?
please be brutally honest as I don't wanna get my hopes up to fail again, you know?
thank you x
Apply to as many Universities as you can. Write a convincing personal statement, showcase your assets instead of focusing on the negatives. We all do things when we're younger that we're not proud of or regret however it's helped build us to who we are now. Talk about the experiences you had and how you coped and dealt with it. It shows character and good reflection. Obviously don't go into the minor details.
However do have a look at the entry requirements needed, whether GCSE's are sufficient enough or if you would need A levels too. On which case you could do a course maybe. There are many different routes to achieve what you want without going to uni. Have you had a look st maybe doing it through an apprenticeship?
I'm not giving you false hope but it's never too late. When I did my pgce there were students there that were a lot older, some even on their 50's
I truly wish you all the best and hope it works out for you
Reply 2
Original post by Little_missy01
Apply to as many Universities as you can. Write a convincing personal statement, showcase your assets instead of focusing on the negatives. We all do things when we're younger that we're not proud of or regret however it's helped build us to who we are now. Talk about the experiences you had and how you coped and dealt with it. It shows character and good reflection. Obviously don't go into the minor details.
However do have a look at the entry requirements needed, whether GCSE's are sufficient enough or if you would need A levels too. On which case you could do a course maybe. There are many different routes to achieve what you want without going to uni. Have you had a look st maybe doing it through an apprenticeship?
I'm not giving you false hope but it's never too late. When I did my pgce there were students there that were a lot older, some even on their 50's
I truly wish you all the best and hope it works out for you

Thank you so so soooo much! I really appreciate it!! & as for the apprentiships I have looked, but can't find anything in what I'm looking to do, I will keep looking though, thank you

Hope your having / will have a lovely day! X

Quick Reply

Latest