The Student Room Group

Should i tell my teacher like 80% of my set cheated on a french exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hezzlington
do you have any proof that they cheated?

no proof but i can recall the source where they got the answers from
i hope the proof lies where the dumber ppl in our set get the results back
its top set but there are some weak ppl at french
literally one guy had his lock screen on the TSR page and the invigilator didn't even see like bruhh
this is a good school as well surprising people sink that low -_-
Original post by whowannadate
no proof but i can recall the source where they got the answers from
i hope the proof lies where the dumber ppl in our set get the results back
its top set but there are some weak ppl at french

If you have no proof it would be a pretty serious thing to accuse the whole class of. Just don't do it. Just worry about yourself.
Original post by snipecaik
Don't bother telling anyone. Let them deal with any shortcomings in August. Personally, I think such cheating gives the individual, the illsuion they are doing well, when in actuality they could be on the verge of failing the subject. I have firsthand experience of this; last year in GCSE chemistry, I'll blatantly admit, I cheated, albeit on a class test. I still knew the subject would require a lot of work, especially as chemistry was my weakest subject, but a bad grade might have intimidated me into working harder.

If you have no proof it would be a pretty serious thing to accuse the whole class of. Just don't do it. Just worry about yourself.

yeah i suppose however i feel our french teacher trusts me enough to accept what i say as true...
im sure she will say the same thing as the ppl on tsr and they'll be unprepared for june
yeah i suppose however i feel our french teacher trusts me enough to accept what i say as true...
im sure she will say the same thing as the ppl on tsr and they'll be unprepared for june

That's their problem, not yours.

You achieve absolutely zero by telling on them
Reply 26

innit

ya... i will give them their moment of fame (doubt theyll do better than me anyway remember the mark scheme was unofficial) then laugh at them in june and sincerely hope they get an a not a*

sucks how everyone has a* from controlled assessment so far, so listening/reading is less impactful
Reply 28
(I didnt cheat btw)

Thx to the 'unofficial mark scheme thread' on tsr lots of people memorised the answers for 2016 french exam...

I feel like i should at mention it to my teacher but at the end of the day the cheaters will get their comeuppance in june..

Thoughts ?

Why would you tell? They don't affect you in any way. It's only your bloody GCSEs ffs.
Tbh the whole education system is screwed who cares about "learning" any more, all you need is to memorise just the bare minnimum for that A on Results Day.
Original post by Moura
Why would you tell? They don't affect you in any way. It's only your bloody GCSEs ffs.

the moral debate ?
Reply 31
ya... i will give them their moment of fame (doubt theyll do better than me anyway remember the mark scheme was unofficial) then laugh at them in june and sincerely hope they get an a not a*

sucks how everyone has a* from controlled assessment so far, so listening/reading is less impactful

why are you so full of hate? Are they mean to you or something?

Also how is there a mark scheme out before you take the test?
(I didnt cheat btw)

Thx to the 'unofficial mark scheme thread' on tsr lots of people memorised the answers for 2016 french exam...

I feel like i should at mention it to my teacher but at the end of the day the cheaters will get their comeuppance in june..

Thoughts ?

How do you prove this?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 33
the moral debate ?

It's GCSEs. It's literally so insignificant. I would actually say it's immoral of you to tell on them. They aren't harming anyone by doing this.
we've done the writing component already and this was a comprehension test

Ohhh,
Well tbh most people tend to do really well on the reading anyway because all you need to do is pick some letters, make some multiple choices, and lift out of the text for the harder questions (which I'm guessting your clasmates learnt off by heart)
Its their loss, I know in my computing mock a copy of the 2016 mark scheme had been circulating around the year, which will bring the class average up (meaning I'll look worse in comparison becasue I didn't cheat) but at the end of the day the teacher will be looking at the Raw Grade Boundaries from 2016 to determine your grade, meaning you wont be personally affected by their cheating.
It's their loss, not yours
Original post by koala789
Ohhh,
Well tbh most people tend to do really well on the reading anyway because all you need to do is pick some letters, make some multiple choices, and lift out of the text for the harder questions (which I'm guessting your clasmates learnt off by heart)
Its their loss, I know in my computing mock a copy of the 2016 mark scheme had been circulating around the year, which will bring the class average up (meaning I'll look worse in comparison becasue I didn't cheat) but at the end of the day the teacher will be looking at the Raw Grade Boundaries from 2016 to determine your grade, meaning you wont be personally affected by their cheating.
It's their loss, not yours

i appreciate your response
Original post by Moura
why are you so full of hate? Are they mean to you or something?

Also how is there a mark scheme out before you take the test?

a mark scheme is out because this was the paper from last year and people who took it last year set up an unofficial mark scheme thread

yeh and the ppl who cheat are generally annoying and mean, not necessarily to me but other people around the school. some of them that cheated are nice and just frightened at the prospect of not doing so well
Don't do it, wait till results day. Focus on your own studies and yourself instead of everyone else
(I didnt cheat btw)

Thoughts ?

your the type of person nobody would like
Original post by CraigBackner
your the type of person nobody would like

the ppl that cheated like me -_- it isnt a case of whether i am enemies with them...

Quick Reply

Latest