The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes. If they are in good condition.
i think i've been quite fortunate with truthful ebay sellers :smile:
I would , providing they weren't soiled and stuff :laugh:. I love a good charity shop raid !!
Absolutely.

Although for a number of reasons, I've never paid for a piece of clothing... Much of my clothes are hand-me-downs from my older cousin. He is very into fashion/his appearance, and he buys huge amounts of designer shirts/coats/suits etc... Each year I get a sack full of the stuff he doesn't want to wear anymore. My relatives also like to buy me clothes for my birthday/Christmas. So over the years, I've built up a huge stack of designer clothing... I'm also lucky to have not grown much since my teens, so much of it still fits.

People at school used to think I was absolutely loaded and really into fashion, despite the fact I never purchased any of it and it was years old. :smile:
Sure if I find something I like.
Original post by claireestelle
i think i've been quite fortunate with truthful ebay sellers :smile:

That's great. Not always been fortunate but it's does get sorted out in the end. And of course the person may end up with a bad review :biggrin:
bad reviews count for a lot on ebay:P
I got a brand new pair of Clarks boots from the british heart foundation. Originally £60 but paid £10. Im not turning down a pair of new booties 😂
Reply 9
Maybe. I've got second hand clothes because they're 'vintage', not sure if I'd just do it for general clothing like walk into charity shop and go on a spree but if there's a huge price reduction for a good brand or something nice and there's pretty much no sign of wear I don't see why not. If it's something vintage and hard to get hold of I wouldn't mind it looking slightly used so long as it's still in good quality. Don't think I'd ever get non-branded second hand clothing tho unless it's something that looks really cool and I know I couldn't get it/something similar anywhere else
Definitely, for men a good pair of formal shoes is like 100 to 300 quids, why not buy used ones with soles replaced for 50 to 60 quids. Used
Pants, belts, hoodies are a good choice too! I would go for it :smile:
I regularly buy stuff from second hand shops and charity shops. You just have to check that everything is in good condition (no holes, no missing buttons, the zip is working, etc). I'm broke af at the moment, but buying stuff at second hand shops is something I can always afford.

And before I forget to mention, there are shops in my city, where they have an everything is 300 forints (1 euro), so then, buying a shirt that I might only wear once doesn't feel like a terrible thing to do :biggrin:.

But I don't see why someone wouldn't buy anything from a second hand shop? If they aren't in terrible condition, and you like it, why not buy it?
Yes :smile:

I always buy clothes from charity shops and some of the best buys I've ever found have been from charity shops. As long as clothes are in good condition and fit you comfortably, I think that's all that matters :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I buy a lot off eBay. I have a nice skirt coming actually :biggrin: As long as it's in good condition and it's not something like underwear (still don't understand the amount of second-hand bras selling on eBay) then I don't mind
Original post by JaffaNeko
I got a brand new pair of Clarks boots from the british heart foundation. Originally £60 but paid £10. Im not turning down a pair of new booties 😂

That's quite the bargain :smile:
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Yeah, I buy a lot off eBay. I have a nice skirt coming actually :biggrin: As long as it's in good condition and it's not something like underwear (still don't understand the amount of second-hand bras selling on eBay) then I don't mind

Yeah underwear is where I draw the line, I d normally resort to primark for it but they don't always have my bra size which is frustrating.
Original post by Spock's Socks
Yes :smile:

I always buy clothes from charity shops and some of the best buys I've ever found have been from charity shops. As long as clothes are in good condition and fit you comfortably, I think that's all that matters :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think knowing it's going to a good cause makes wearing it more satisfying :smile:
Yep. No issues except maybe socks and underwear. Coats especially,since they're so distant from the sweat of the person who originally wore them.
Definitely. Quite a few of my purchases have either been off eBay or from charity shops. So long as the condition is good, and it's in your size (so fits properly), I don't see an issue.

of course, I'd never buy used undergarments/underwear. though speaking of some people do sell this on eBay. I thought it was against eBay guidelines to sell used underwear anyway?
Original post by spotify95
Definitely. Quite a few of my purchases have either been off eBay or from charity shops. So long as the condition is good, and it's in your size (so fits properly), I don't see an issue.

of course, I'd never buy used undergarments/underwear. though speaking of some people do sell this on eBay. I thought it was against eBay guidelines to sell used underwear anyway?

Seemingly their guidelines allow bras but no underwear, i dont see why people would try selling it unless it was new with tag.

Latest