The Student Room Group

Could the Pill be making you depressed and anxious?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
I take Cerelle, and it's actually made my quality of life better. I've stopped getting aura migraines, but it unfortunately made me bleed every day for the first 2 months.

omg same! I take Cerelle too :five: I have seen a decrease in migraines but an increase in smaller, painful headaches. I also get a little sad at times but as I take other medication (for acne) I don't know which is doing what and tbh it's not really doing that much harm :dontknow:
I have that too - bleeding for ages :colonhash:

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
omg same! I take Cerelle too :five: I have seen a decrease in migraines but an increase in smaller, painful headaches. I also get a little sad at times but as I take other medication (for acne) I don't know which is doing what and tbh it's not really doing that much harm :dontknow:

Spoiler

:five:

That's good, apart from the headache thing. :hugs:
I'm glad it's working well for you though. :smile: :jumphug:

Spoiler

That's good, apart from the headache thing. :hugs:
I'm glad it's working well for you though. :smile: :jumphug:

Spoiler

Yep :smile:
It is, thanks! :hugs:

Spoiler

The bleeding on cerelle might get better. It has with me. I was warned it can make periods worse, lighter or you may get none at all.
Yep :smile:
It is, thanks! :hugs:

Spoiler

:smile:
All good. :hugs:

Spoiler

I took microgynon for a year and no mood or weight changes but my blood pressure went well above my normal level and felt just awful in withdrawal weeks including migraines so my gp refused to prescribe me any kind of combined pill.

Then I got put on cerazette which was pretty good for over a year without any periods, I got bloated after eating but put up with it, then through eating much healthier I gained weight which then led to cerazette giving me side efffects that made me moody and eventually at one point after 2 weeks of bleeding I stopped taking it as I couldn't cope with the side effects any longer.

That was 2014 and I felt more like myself in a few months, my partner was/is very understanding and since we want kids in a couple of years just using condoms is something we re comfortable with at the moment. Sure periods can be inconvenient at times but since they aren't too painful I just deal with them with plenty of fluids and some ibuprofen and I can seemingly use norethisterone to prevent them without harm to my body if needs must (although I ve only used it on two occasions).
:smile:
All good. :hugs:

Spoiler

:hugs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thank you! :biggrin: :five:

Spoiler

I thought you were male. :redface: Sorry!
Original post by Tiger Rag
I thought you were male. :redface: Sorry!

:rofl: haha it's ok :rofl:
Common mistake on here :mmm:
:hat2: :tongue:
I've actually had a really good experience with Microgynon. I've recently been switched to Rigevidon and I'm not liking it so far :/
Reply 31
I actually find that the pill (mini pill) makes me more stable.
I have recently stopped taking dianette after 13 years using it, and I am not exaggerating when I say the side effects in such a short time have been horrendous! Dizziness, anxiety, migraines, nausea, you name it...the only i don't have yet is the return of my acne which I'm sure will come. I am currently looking into natural ways of balancing my hormones as I don't want to be taking this terrible medication anymore. Trying to push through and stay strong but it's unbearable at the minute.
Original post by sinfonietta
YES. It took me three doctors to find one who would listen. They blamed my depression and anxiety diagnosis on other factors rather than listening to the connection I'd made to these problems only occurring after starting on the pill.

When I told the third doctor that the first two I had seen had denied any connection he said it was a known side effect and even pointed it out on the little sheet that came with. :banghead:

Hey! I know it’s been 2 years, but I’m hoping that someone is still active on these threads! I’m doing an EPQ on the negative effects of hormonal contraception on growing minds as it fascinated me to find out more, especially as I experienced deeeeep depression whilst taking cerazette. I’ve been told I can’t interview myself😂 but I’m really hoping for some more people I can ask about their experiences!! If anyone sees this, pleaseee let me know if you’re interested- it’ll only be about 5 or 6 questions, and it would mean helping me to further understand others stories as well as my own!!! Thank you so much girls!
No. I've been on Rigevidon for eight years and it stopped me having the most horrendous, heavy periods that ruined my life and stopped me doing anything.

I do have depression but it is very clear to me why I'm depressed (traumatic events in my life) and it isn't the pill that causing it.

Quick Reply

Latest