The Student Room Group

Please help me find this Chinese tea!

Hey guys & girls, I'm looking to track down where some tea I have came from so that I can buy some more of it. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it!

This one of the packets that the tea bags come in:

16215809_1348255345204883_719846600_n.jpg

Major respect to anyone who can help!
Reply 1
Where did you buy it from? It looks like something you can only buy in a Chinese supermarket. I can't read Chinese so maybe @Boreism or @ForestShadow can read the writing and tell you the brand name?
Original post by CamLikesCookies
Hey guys & girls, I'm looking to track down where some tea I have came from so that I can buy some more of it. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it!

Best I can do tryna match symbols on my iPhone and translating.

净含量: 4克 湖北中坪葛业开发有限公司 K养生袋泡 神正南参

Net content: 4 grams Hubei Zhongping Ge Industry Development Co., Ltd. K health bags of God Shen Shen Shen

I tried to find similar products but all I got is this stuff http://3g.made-in-china.com/gongying/hbgegencha-depJwONLQHWB.html
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by UWS
Where did you buy it from? It looks like something you can only buy in a Chinese supermarket. I can't read Chinese so maybe @Boreism or @ForestShadow can read the writing and tell you the brand name?
It was a gift years ago but the person who got given isn't into the stuff so passed it along to me. There's an Asian grocery store just down the road so hopefully they can help get some.

Original post by Casisalive
Best I can do tryna match symbols on my iPhone and translating.

净含量: 4克 湖北中坪葛业开发有限公司 K养生袋泡 神正南参

Net content: 4 grams Hubei Zhongping Ge Industry Development Co., Ltd. K health bags of God Shen Shen Shen

I tried to find similar products but all I got is this stuff http://3g.made-in-china.com/gongying/hbgegencha-depJwONLQHWB.html
That looks like the same stuff! That site has a huge amount of info on the ingredients so even if I can't find the same stuff for sale I should be able to find an alternative.

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the help :smile:
Do please let us know the name of this tea once you have found out.
I am always experimenting with coffee and tea flavours.
Thanks.

http://hbzpgykfyxgs.21hubei.com/
^ looking at the company website, they don't seem to sell tea anymore... I don't know though

Looking through Chinese shopping websites, the listings for this company's tea seems to be more than a year old, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't sell tea anymore.

I think it is a kind of Chinese herbal tea that you are looking for, there are definitely many alternatives in the market atm.

The brand comes from China so I doubt you'll find these in the local supermarkets. I've seen the brand before only in Chinese supermarkets though... :dontknow:

I can only translate one or 2 characters, the top one says God - I don't know if that helps you in any way?
(edited 7 years ago)
I think perhaps the company doesn't sell this particular tea anymore, I've just realised that the packaging is date stamped 2008 and it says consume within 18 months. Er. Oops. I can confirm that 9 years later it does still taste pretty great though.

Someone pointed out to me another website printed on the back of the teabag packet: http://www.hbzpgy.com/

Some of the teas on there do have the word God in their names so I suppose I'll give them a shot and see.

Thanks again for all the help :smile:
Original post by UWS

Haha Im rubbish at reading Chinese, I can only read a bit of Cantonese but not much at all xD Only speak and listen fluently :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest