The Student Room Group

Freepost?

Let me get this right,

I'm sending a item back on eBay. Apparently the company has a 'Freepost address'. This means I can send it back in an envelope to this address without putting a stamp on it? Right?
Original post by similarBlank
Let me get this right,

I'm sending a item back on eBay. Apparently the company has a 'Freepost address'. This means I can send it back in an envelope to this address without putting a stamp on it? Right?

Yep, as long as it has the free post information on, then thats fine! (ie. Make sure it has the FREEPOST XXXXXXX where the XXXXXXX bit is the bit the company has provided..!)

http://www.royalmail.com/business/services/sending/returns/business-reply-freepost-standard
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mobbsy91
Yep, as long as it has the free post information on, then thats fine! (ie. Make sure it has the FREEPOST XXXXXXX where the XXXXXXX bit is the bit the company has provided..!)

http://www.royalmail.com/business/services/sending/returns/business-reply-freepost-standard

Do I still need to put an actual address below it or is just putting the company name fine?
Do I still need to put an actual address below it or is just putting the company name fine?

Yes you'll need to put the address on as well - should look something like:

FREEPOST XXXXXXXXX
Business X
22a Unit 3
Shithole lane
Slough (or Grimsby)
AB23 CDE
Yes you'll need to put the address on as well - should look something like:

FREEPOST XXXXXXXXX
Business X
22a Unit 3
Shithole lane
Slough (or Grimsby)
AB23 CDE

Thanks, but I asked the guy I'm returning it to what address I should post it to and he replied saying:

'The address should only read ''Freepost EXAMPLE'S ELECTRICALS LTD'' No additional address details, postcodes or postage stamps are required.

As this is a Freepost Named Licence Address this will void the service if any other details are shown.

You can simply place this in any local Red Post Box as it is at no cost to yourself.'

So, I'm not sure what to put really...
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks, but I asked the guy I'm returning it to what address I should post it to and he replied saying:

'The address should only read ''Freepost EXAMPLE'S ELECTRICALS LTD'' No additional address details, postcodes or postage stamps are required.

As this is a Freepost Named Licence Address this will void the service if any other details are shown.

You can simply place this in any local Red Post Box as it is at no cost to yourself.'

So, I'm not sure what to put really...

Hmmm, when I've done it before, I was told that I absolutely must put the address with it!

Having said that, I've just checked and other places do just say put the FREEPOST XXX bit, e.g. so yep, just do the FREEPOST bit!! (Sorry for giving bad info!):

Post the completed form to us at: Freepost GREATER ANGLIA CUSTOMER RELATIONS Note this is the full address. It has been shortened for your ease, but rest assured that it will reach us.
Hmmm, when I've done it before, I was told that I absolutely must put the address with it!

Having said that, I've just checked and other places do just say put the FREEPOST XXX bit, e.g. so yep, just do the FREEPOST bit!! (Sorry for giving bad info!):

Post the completed form to us at: Freepost GREATER ANGLIA CUSTOMER RELATIONS Note this is the full address. It has been shortened for your ease, but rest assured that it will reach us.

Ah, ok, nice thanks! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending