The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Computer Science Interview

Heya,

I got invited for an interview for computer science at Essex.

I'm kind of anxious with as to what I should expect; will I be asked to solve computing puzzles? Because I'm more of a slow thinker that wants to create optimal solutions rather than generic ones so I don't know how I'd fare under the pressure.

Also should I bring in any of my projects?

Thank you in advance,

-T
Reply 1
Original post by tymonr
Heya,

I got invited for an interview for computer science at Essex.

I'm kind of anxious with as to what I should expect; will I be asked to solve computing puzzles? Because I'm more of a slow thinker that wants to create optimal solutions rather than generic ones so I don't know how I'd fare under the pressure.

Also should I bring in any of my projects?

Thank you in advance,

-T
hi there,

i went to my comp sci interview last week as part of the applicant day, it was only 5/10 minutes and its more of a friendly chat (well it was for me). dont be anxious as they are not there to grill you and personally my interviewer was probably the nicest one so make sure you got some answers prepared as others were questioned a bit more apparently. if you want to show your project off feel free i saw a person who brought theres but if your part of the applicant day the interviews are not very long.

dont stress and best of luck :smile:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Kazza101
hi there,

i went to my comp sci interview last week as part of the applicant day, it was only 5/10 minutes and its more of a friendly chat (well it was for me). dont be anxious as they are not there to grill you and personally my interviewer was probably the nicest one so make sure you got some answers prepared as others were questioned a bit more apparently. if you want to show your project off feel free i saw a person who brought theres but if your part of the applicant day the interviews are not very long.

dont stress and best of luck :smile:

Thank you for replying. So were you asked any logic questions or to solve a puzzle? And what were the questions like?
Reply 3
Original post by tymonr
Thank you for replying. So were you asked any logic questions or to solve a puzzle? And what were the questions like?
no i wasnt asked any logic questions or to solve puzzles, the type of question they asked me is what you'd expect such as why do you want to study at Essex,your interests in computer science etc. tbh it honestly depends on the interviewer, the older professors will probably ask more technical question.

hope that answered your question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending