The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades good enough for Cambridge Computer Science?

My predicted grades are A*A*A*B in subjects Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Physics respectively. Will this be enough to be invited for interview, as their standard offer is A*A*A, but offers are made on all subjects so will the B in physics drag me down?
Reply 1
Have you read the entry requirements page on their website?
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/computer-science
Original post by Anonymous
My predicted grades are A*A*A*B in subjects Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Physics respectively. Will this be enough to be invited for interview, as their standard offer is A*A*A, but offers are made on all subjects so will the B in physics drag me down?

I believe they normally make offers on the basis of three subjects only, but can make an offer on the basis of all.

I don't think there's any reason not to apply, as at worst if you don't get an interview it's only one of your choices.
Reply 3
Original post by artful_lounger
I believe they normally make offers on the basis of three subjects only, but can make an offer on the basis of all.

I don't think there's any reason not to apply, as at worst if you don't get an interview it's only one of your choices.

I mean I will have to pay a fee to sit the TMUA so no point sitting it if my predicted grades will get me rejected anyways which is what I’m wondering tbh 😕
Original post by Anonymous
I mean I will have to pay a fee to sit the TMUA so no point sitting it if my predicted grades will get me rejected anyways which is what I’m wondering tbh 😕

I think it's pretty unlikely you would be rejected pre-interview unless you do poorly on the TMUA. Note that you can sit the TMUA free if you/your family meet certain requirements laid out on the cambridge assessment website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending