The Student Room Group

Polls show two Labour by election losses

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Len Goodman
When we leave the single market we will be able to negotiate the best deals for Britain, not be dragged along by whatever the unelected bureaucrats in the EU want us to do. In the words of President Trump, we are putting Britain first.

What trade deals have the EU made that you're unhappy with?
Reply 21
Original post by Fullofsurprises
UKIP are in charge. Did you not see all the pics of Farage with Trump? The Tory Party have fully adopted UKIP's mad policies.

It's common sense to be friends with the US president, just ask Thatcher and Blair, if only Churchill was then WW2 could've ended a lot sooner. I also think Trump was inspired by Brexit because before it, it was just unimaginable to beat the establishment and he's obviously seen what Nigel went through to make that referendum possible and respects that + the outcome to leave. I wouldn't say they've adopted UKIP's mad policies because they have some pretty crazy ones but they've taken the popular ones and rightly so, you've now got the right wingers competiting against the far-right with a rambling, ineffective, deluded, self-destructive right-wing enabling left.

Any cuts that happen to the NHS, any workers rights that are removed, any hits to working class/middle class incomes can be blamed on Jeremy Corbyn, not even the so called "Tory" Tony Blair would allow that.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
UKIP are in charge. Did you not see all the pics of Farage with Trump? The Tory Party have fully adopted UKIP's mad policies.

Yup. Wonderful isn't it?

Great days to be a Kipper that is for sure.

As Nye Bevan (I think?) said:

We are the masters now.
Original post by zayn008
It's common sense to be friends with the US president, just ask Thatcher and Blair, if only Churchill was then WW2 could've ended a lot sooner. I also think Trump was inspired by Brexit because before it, it was just unimaginable to beat the establishment and he's obviously seen what Nigel went through to make that referendum possible and respects that + the outcome to leave. I wouldn't say they've adopted UKIP's mad policies because they have some pretty crazy ones but they've taken the popular ones and rightly so, you've now got the right wingers competiting against the far-right with a rambling, ineffective, deluded, self-destructive right-wing enabling left.

Any cuts that happen to the NHS, any workers rights that are removed, any hits to working class/middle class incomes can be blamed on Jeremy Corbyn, not even the so called "Tory" Tony Blair would allow that.

Really? What more exactly do you want him to do?
Original post by Drewski
Yeah, it's almost as if British politics never goes from one side to the other... :rolleyes:

To be fair, at that point they probably would have grown out of their edgy right wing phase.
The Labour Party. The Party of Islam, the Party of Sharia, the Party of Palestine.
Original post by unprinted
Hmm, polls actually in the constituencies?

With Tories not trying in Stoke and Nuttal as popular as Corbyn, that's going to be a Labour win.

The previous majority in Cumbria should mean they just hold that one too.

Copeland should easily go blue. Based on the nationwide swing it would be too close to call (probably now Tory given the gap widening further in the last week), but there are other things to consider. Its a strongly leave seat, which will not bode too well for labour given nobody really knows what they want, and the murmurings aren't likely to be massively popular there, the other big deal is nuclear. While Labour have a pro nuclear candidate Corbyn isn't, and the Tory campaign strategy capitalises on this, with the plant employing so many people the last thing you want is to have the phrase "anti nuclear" attached to you.

Then of course you get the lower turnout at by elections and that's another point or two for the Tories.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Labour Candidate in (very Leave voting) Stoke is an ardent Remainer who called Brexit a "crock of $hit" on Twitter.

It is like they have a death wish. You couldn't make it up.
Funny how the Lib Dems are still putting up candidates despite calling for an electoral pact.
I can't wait for UKIP to finally get another MP. Having the leader of the party in parliament could be a real game-changer for UKIP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending