The Student Room Group

"I don't have enough time" is crap, yes you do.

People, especially students, like to say they don't have enough time to do things like clean, exercise, make meals, study, see friends, shop, etc. These people are not using their time effectively. Wake up an hour early to exercise or clean, do things at set times, be more organised, don't take breaks for hours and hours watching Netflix or sitting on Facebook.

Today I woke up at 6, made breakfast, did an hour of cardio, showered, cleaned my room, vacuumed the house, took the bins out and packed by bag for tomorrow, all before 8. Then I did laundry, ironing and made lunch for tomorrow. I did a couple of hours of studying, went out to do food shopping, put it all away and that came to 2pm. I've had a friend over since then, and now I'm on an exercise bike while writing this. You do have time, stop moaning you don't.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Amen
Reply 2
Not everyone is you, shocking...
Cool story bro.
Reply 4
Am so glad you've managed to use your experience to generalise for millions of students, clearly nothing fallacious going on here.
Original post by habeas.corpus
Cool story bro.

Original post by Inexorably
Am so glad you've managed to use your experience to generalise for millions of students, clearly nothing fallacious going on here.

What is everyone else doing then, that they don't have time to do everything they moan about?
This is sooo true, I agree.

The only problem is that it is easier said than done
I think I've heard about a billion of these "motivational" stories and they don't do anything you're basically a stranger through the internet just talking at me. If these sorts of things worked everyone would be meeting deadlines by now.
I find it funniest when they comment that they don't have enough time while on TSR.
Original post by Glassapple
What is everyone else doing then, that they don't have time to do everything they moan about?

Most students have part-time jobs. Some have caring responsiblities. Although I do partly agree with you, if some people organised their time better and prioritised effectively, they could achieve so much.
Original post by habeas.corpus
Most students have part-time jobs. Some have caring responsiblities. Although I do partly agree with you, if some people organised their time better and prioritised effectively, they could achieve so much.

Then they should wake up early, or do stuff after work. Part-time means they're not working 13 hour shifts, 7 days a week. Realistically they're working 8-18 hours a week at 5-8 hours a time. It's not unrealistic to be able to manage that time effectively. The ones who have caring responsibilities in the bigger picture are a negligible figure.
(edited 7 years ago)
People, especially students, like to say they don't have enough time to do things like clean, exercise, make meals, study, see friends, shop, etc. These people are not using their time effectively. Wake up an hour early to exercise or clean, do things at set times, be more organised, don't take breaks for hours and hours watching Netflix or sitting on Facebook.

Today I woke up at 6, made breakfast, did an hour of cardio, showered, cleaned my room, vacuumed the house, took the bins out and packed by bag for tomorrow, all before 8. Then I did laundry, ironing and made lunch for tomorrow. I did a couple of hours of studying, went out to do good shopping, put it all away and that came to 2pm. I've had a friend over since then, and now I'm on an exercise bike while writing this. You do have time, stop moaning you don't.

Aren't you the same chap who posted about being rich and paying random gay guys for sex and living off Daddy's money? Not all of us are as lucky as you to be able to stay at home, go shopping as we please or pay for sex.

Today I woke up at 6, made breakfast, did an hour of cardio, showered, cleaned my room, vacuumed the house, took the bins out and packed by bag for tomorrow, all before 8. Then I did laundry, ironing and made lunch for tomorrow. I did a couple of hours of studying, went out to do good shopping, put it all away and that came to 2pm. I've had a friend over since then, and now I'm on an exercise bike while writing this. You do have time, stop moaning you don't.

Because it's Sunday... and you don't work/study full time at university.

Okay so please tell me when i have time on my thursday for example: Wake up at 7am, get ready, do some exercise in the morning, leave by 8:30, in uni 9-1, working from 1-4 then 5-10pm then come home and have a shower. Do tell me when i'll have time in there to get my uni work done/go shopping/see friends/ect

Don't assume everyone's on your schedule.
lmfao at on an exercise bike while typing

that image bruh
Original post by Bubblyminty
Aren't you the same chap who posted about being rich and paying random gay guys for sex and living off Daddy's money? Not all of us are as lucky as you to be able to stay at home, go shopping as we please or pay for sex.

It was straight guys, but that's not the point. I take time before and after things I need to do, like school, to do other things like that; I make time.

Original post by hezzlington
Because it's Sunday... and you don't work/study full time at university.

I go to school Monday to Friday and wake up an hour early to exercise and get things done, why can't students who go to lectures that lets face it, mostly start at 11am, two to three times a week, do the same?
Original post by Bubblyminty

This guy is about as pretentious as it gets, makes a thread on how busses are unbearable, another criticising people for drinking fizzy drinks and to top it off he is out there blowing men on daddy's account

:rofl:

and cardio only? Do you even lift?
basically. some people have fuller schedules than him.

Original post by Yaboi
Not everyone is you, shocking...
It was straight guys, but that's not the point. I take time before and after things I need to do, like school, to do other things like that; I make time.

I go to school Monday to Friday and wake up an hour early to exercise and get things done, why can't students who go to lectures that lets face it, mostly start at 11am, two to three times a week, do the same?

Like most other students....

And they can go to lectures, it's just a case of whether you want to or not. If I'm going out midweek, I probably won't make my 9am the next day. I'd be ridiculously tired, hungover and I'd probably be more productive if I just layed in, missed the lecture and then proceeded with my day as usual.

(Ofcourse, you could just not go out at all)

Quick Reply

Latest