The Student Room Group

Don't call pregnant patients 'mothers': Doctors are banned from using the word.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ax12
Please read the whole thread and article. It is not for doctors.

The guideline was issued to the members of the British Medical Association, which is a doctor's trade union. So yes, it would appear to be for doctors.
Reply 81
Original post by Dandaman1
The guideline was issued to the members of the British Medical Association, which is a doctor's trade union. So yes, it would appear to be for doctors.

The BMA insisted: ‘This is a guide for BMA staff and representatives aimed at promoting an inclusive workplace at the BMA. ‘It is not workplace guidance for doctors, which is clear from the fact it does not refer to patients.’ Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4167632/Don-t-call-pregnant-patients-mothers.html#ixzz4XHCx6Tgm Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Reply 82
"Pregnant people"

:toofunny:
Original post by ax12
The BMA insisted: ‘This is a guide for BMA staff and representatives aimed at promoting an inclusive workplace at the BMA. ‘It is not workplace guidance for doctors, which is clear from the fact it does not refer to patients.’ Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4167632/Don-t-call-pregnant-patients-mothers.html#ixzz4XHCx6Tgm Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The guidelines were issued to BMA members, all of whom are doctors.

While in that one paragraph it says the BMA insists it does not apply to doctors 'in the workplace', (i.e. in hospitals with their patients), it still a union guideline that applies to the BMA (a doctors' union). Yet for some reason it was published in a booklet with a title specifying 'the workplace.'

Edit: So it appears to be a guideline for the union within the union (again, the BMA are all doctors), but not between 'doctors and their patients.'

It's still dumb.
(edited 7 years ago)
What a load of tosh.
Original post by UWS
People's Day should be good this year.

Which one?
Well the WHO said a few months (?) ago that people who can't find sex partners could be classed as disabled, so now I'm fully convinced this is all an elaborate joke.
Original post by Josb
"Pregnant people"

:toofunny:

I think it's still potentially triggering, because it excludes e.g. otherkin or people who science oppressively won't classify as 'pregnant'.

'Individuals who self-identify as pregnant'?
Original post by TimmonaPortella
'Individuals who self-identify as pregnant'?

Christ that's a good idea, imagine all the support and compliments from people you'll get if you claim your pregnant for a bit.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Christ that's a good idea, imagine all the support and compliments from people you'll get if you claim your pregnant for a bit.

'Excuse me could I take that seat, I'm pregnant'

'You don't look pregnant...

Also, you're a man...'

'Don't you oppress me!!'
Original post by 27FT
Females aren't the only sex claiming to be different genders you know, don't point the finger at us, there's just as many trans females as there are trans males. Life's short, why not be the gender you want to be :biggrin:

Sorry, but I didn't realise men could have babies.
there will have to be many changes in the music world...

Frank Zappa will now front the Nurturing Caregivers of Invention

Pink Floyd will have recorded Atom Heart Nurturing Caregiver

& nto forgetting Paul Simon's elegiac song Nurturing Caregiver and child reunion
Original post by Dandaman1
Edit: So it appears to be a guideline for the union within the union (again, the BMA are all doctors)

Actually, the BMA is mostly lawyers.
The trans agenda...no words for it. Or maybe their slogan: "women have penises, and men have vaginas".

You were born with a penis but feel as a woman? Cool, but you are still not a woman. Like calling disabled people not disabled just so they feel like the rest of us. They should just add 2 new genders, MTFT and FTMT and be done with it, then they can have their whole own thing.
Original post by joecphillips
This is the type of thing I have a problem with regarding the trans issue, if people wish to go that route fair enough but when science and language is being thrown out the window to be 'inclusive' then that is a problem.

Please don't blame us for the very silly liberals :tongue: Most of us hate this crap, we don't ask for it and it just makes us look ridiculous.
Original post by the bear
there will have to be many changes in the music world...

Frank Zappa will now front the Nurturing Caregivers of Invention

Pink Floyd will have recorded Atom Heart Nurturing Caregiver

& nto forgetting Paul Simon's elegiac song Nurturing Caregiver and child reunion

Pixie Lott with "What would your Nurturing Caregiver Do?"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending