The Student Room Group

I think I am pregnant

Me and my ex having been broken up for months and I went no contact then we started speaking again and have been sleeping with each other unprotected, becuse I don’t like how condoms feel and I came off the pill when we broke up. He always pulls out and he did but I think just not quick enough. I saw on TikTok that you can add salt to your urine and if there is no change to the urine then it’s negative however if it’s fizzes or clouds it’s positive and mine has BOTH time I tried. I’m really scared because I’m not ready to be a mother and my parents wouldn’t be happy and I’m only 17. Me and my ex aren’t even good together and I wouldn’t want him to be the father of my child. I also noticed blood when wiping on the toilet but it’s not my period. I can’t afford to get a pregnancy test, my period is due in three days. Any advice please

Scroll to see replies

pray xx
Original post by Stunnagirl0000
Me and my ex having been broken up for months and I went no contact then we started speaking again and have been sleeping with each other unprotected, becuse I don’t like how condoms feel and I came off the pill when we broke up. He always pulls out and he did but I think just not quick enough. I saw on TikTok that you can add salt to your urine and if there is no change to the urine then it’s negative however if it’s fizzes or clouds it’s positive and mine has BOTH time I tried. I’m really scared because I’m not ready to be a mother and my parents wouldn’t be happy and I’m only 17. Me and my ex aren’t even good together and I wouldn’t want him to be the father of my child. I also noticed blood when wiping on the toilet but it’s not my period. I can’t afford to get a pregnancy test, my period is due in three days. Any advice please

talk to your parents and tell them the situation, if you are pregnant, they're going to find out anyways. if you are not pregnant, at least they'll help you get the test. yes they might get upset, but they'll be more upset if you don't tell them
Girl get a pregancy test from poundland or from the clinic lol
Hi there :smile:
If you end up missing your period, it would be a good idea to get a pregnancy test. If you can't afford to buy one you can get one for free at a sexual health centre (find your nearest one here: https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/sexual-health-services/) then go from there. Here's some further advice: https://www.nhs.uk/pregnancy/support/teenage-pregnancy/
(Original post by Anonymous)pray xx

I HAVE LMAOOO😭😭😭😭😭😭
Original post by Anonymous
talk to your parents and tell them the situation, if you are pregnant, they're going to find out anyways. if you are not pregnant, at least they'll help you get the test. yes they might get upset, but they'll be more upset if you don't tell them

True but my parents are black and African so I don’t know how they would react 🥲🥲🥲🥲
praying for u <333
True but my parents are black and African so I don’t know how they would react 🥲🥲🥲🥲

good luck b ull need it <333333333333333
Hi there,

First, I'm sorry this is happening to you. I don't wish to blame you or sound mean, but I have to tell you for future reference : the "pull out" contraception method is notorious for being absolutely useless, and if you have unprotected sex, a pregnancy is bound to happen at some point. If you do not wish to get pregnant, you always have sex with protection, be that a condom, the pill, or any other (real) method. Also, that tiktok pregnancy test is absolutely silly and nothing reliable can come of it.

Now for the what to do: you should ideally tell your parents, but the decision is yours. You need to go to a sexual health clinic, they're free, they'll give you a test there and then will talk you through your options if you're pregnant.
Reply 10
You were sleeping with each other unprotected because you 'don't like how condoms feel'. I cannot. 😐 I just cannot understand how people walk into problems with their eyes wide open! I'm going to be harsh here. If you are pregnant, you have no one but yourself to blame. That was extremely reckless and irresponsible. You don't have to like how they feel. Just use them! The pull-out method is not efficient.

That aside, Poundland has some cheap pregnancy tests or you can arrange a private visit to your doctor through the phone. If it turns out that you aren't pregnant, congratulations. Stop having unprotected sex no matter how much you dislike how condoms feel. If you are pregnant, you should tell your parents, assuming they're open-minded folks. You can decide to keep it or not but telling them will save you so much anxiety, and give you the space to explore safe choices. There are so many options available to support you with whichever decision you make.
Reply 11

Oh.
Forget what I commented about them being open-minded. 💀 Just go to the clinic alone. You wouldn't be allowed outside the house till you're 40 if they find out. Probably shipped back to Africa too. As a fellow African, we both know how our parents are. You have a lot of courage to do something so risky😭. I'll also be praying for you
con(gratulations/dolences)
Original post by DarylO
Oh.
Forget what I commented about them being open-minded. 💀 Just go to the clinic alone. You wouldn't be allowed outside the house till you're 40 if they find out. Probably shipped back to Africa too. As a fellow African, we both know how our parents are. You have a lot of courage to do something so risky😭. I'll also be praying for you

Hahahah exactly!! This isn’t a funny situation but your response is so funny🤣🤣🤣. Defo a dumb decision on my part but it’s defenitely a lesson learnt to start using condoms !!
Reply 14
Hahahah exactly!! This isn’t a funny situation but your response is so funny🤣🤣🤣. Defo a dumb decision on my part but it’s defenitely a lesson learnt to start using condoms !!

I saw your comment about 'Black and African parents', and my mind just went 'She's done. She's done' 🤣🤣. I hope you aren't actually pregnant so you can look back on this as a lesson you can laugh about. Goodluck!
Reply 15
No need to tell your parents at this stage if you feel they won't be supportive. Buy a couple of pregnancy tests - I bought a box of 3 pregnancy test strips from b&m for 85p recently. If your period isn't due yet then it's too early to give an accurate result. If your period doesn't come the day you expect it to then take a test, if negative give it a couple of days then take another one. If you really have no spare change for a pregnany test phone your GP or sexual health clinic.

Fingers crossed it's just a scare and going forwards you won't rely on the pullout method.
Reply 16
Get a pregnancy test from a sexual health clinic ASAP. If you're lucky, you're not pregnant and the bloody spotting may have been a very early miscarriage.

Is it too late for the morning after pill? According to the NHS website, a pill called ellaOne can be taken up to 5 days after unprotected sex. If you're still at school, you may be able to get it free of charge on prescription, but I'm not sure. It may be worth talking to your local pharmacy, but a walk-in sexual health clinic would probably be a better bet.

If it's too late for emergency contraception and you are pregnant, you really need to tell your parents... you need someone to help you think through the options, and the later you leave it, the fewer options there are.

I know you said you don't know how your parents would react but imagine their reaction if they found out when you start showing and realise you've been hiding it from them for weeks. NB. there is no rule about how soon a pregnancy becomes obvious, some women start showing very early on, for others it takes a few months; you won't know until you get there.

PS. Please don't have unprotected sex ever, unless you're planning to have a baby...
This, I have to say it's near mind numbing to sit in 2023 with the internet and 'look up anything' devices so damn common, that people still think the 'pull out method' is actually a credible thing.

"We just need to stop at the right time!"
"When is the right time?"
"I don't know!" :tongue:

Then again I suppose medical advice from Tiktok is the opposite end of this scale...

Honestly how can you be so reckless and not use any form of contraception
Reply 19
Taking any advice from TikTok is a stupid idea.
Hopefully the bulk of these responses will help answer your questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending