The Student Room Group

Surprise surprise, identity of Quebec shooter revealed!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jape
The facts tend to come out pretty quickly in those cases because the police have been aware of the suspect for some time. Also, Orientalist is not a word the way you're using it. And the Middle East is not the Orient.

Anyway it's a question of scale. This whole "well of course it's white guys" routine makes no sense because it's pretty uncommon for it to be white Christian dudebros compared to the prevalence of Muslims doing exactly what their book tells them to every day worldwide.

That word could refer to the Middle East,do some research.

Nah,it's because it suits your islamophobic agenda. Anyway,any person with common sense should already know this is a terrorist attack,those making excuses aren't most likely white supremacists themselves,not my business.

Okay,white supremacists are Innocents and we shouldn't really be worried about their white supremacists terrorist actions but instead focus it all on brown people who are the real threat blah blah blah,is this sufficient enough?

Ok, that's one. From 25 years ago.

The absolute world leaders in blowing up or shooting up mosques are Islamic extremists. Just in 2016, half a dozen mosques in Afghanistan alone were shot up or blown up with the deaths of over 100 people. That's just one country in one year.
Original post by childofthesun
Where are the hashtags? Where are the facebook filters?

#only white lives matter

Haven't you gotten the memo habibti?

****ing double standards.
Original post by Houthi3
all white people must openly condemn this terrorist otherwise you'd be complicit...

Preach!
Original post by childofthesun
Where are the hashtags? Where are the facebook filters?

If they did this every time a mosque got blowed up or shot up, there would be nothing else on facebook.

Don't worry though, in Trudeau's Canada, there will be some kind of bleeding heart nonsense happening very soon.
Reply 65
Original post by Len Goodman
I don't see why the liberal left are all over this yet remain silent when we suffer terrorist attacks at the hands of radical Islam.

Yeah, but both sides are guilty of this sort of hypocrisy, I don't see much about the fact he was a Trump or Le Pen supporter on Breitbart, when of course if he was Muslim they'd be all over his support of ISIS, and it was the same with the murderer of Jo Cox, they focused entirely on his mental illness and swept the fact he was clearly influenced by an ideology just like any ISIS terrorist under the carpet.
Reply 66
Original post by Bornblue
Oh ffs.

Every time a white guy commits an act of terror the response is 'he's mentally ill'.

Clearly these people were targeted for being Muslim. It's an undisputed act of terrorism.
I'd be surprised if anyone committing a mass killing on the grounds of ideology wasn't "mentally ill" to some degree.

However, if the perpetrator has made ideological statements that relate to the attack, it is terrorism. Regardless of the ideology, race or nationality.
Reply 67
Original post by Ladymusiclover
So why isn't this classed as terrorism?
I'm sure that it is/will be.
This is a regular complaint from some quarters. I saw one recently claiming that Dylann Roof was not referred to as a terrorist by media and not prosecuted as a terrorist. A 30 second google was enough to completely debunk the claim.
@astutehirstute @Reformed @KingBradley I'm suprised I haven't found you both on this thread,rather quiet aren't we? Oh I forgot it's not a middle easterner who's responsible
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Trinculo
A Canadian killing Canadians in Canada.

And you're blaming Trump.

Just how.

He seems to have been influenced and empowered by a foreign ideology that is against the liberal values of Canadian society. It is only fitting the Canadian government intervenes in the flow of people coming from these hate preaching countries with a blanket ban.
Reply 70
Original post by queen-bee
Where are all the white supremacists who are supposed to speak up and condemn this?
They needn't to apologise on behalf of this guy or speak up against it.
People who support him or agree with his actions will not condemn him. It is something we see quite regularly.

BTW, there is a huge difference between "condemning" an act and "apologising" for it, and the former does not imply or require the latter.
Original post by jape
This might be difficult to comprehend (I understand many things are) but if you're killing a dick load of people for no reason you're already mentally unsound. It then becomes a question of what your pretext was.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Whilst you are correct, it's the attitued of the person you replied to that makes people who are mentally ill fear speaking out. They get associated with acts like this.
@astutehirstute @Reformed @KingBradley I'm suprised I haven't found you both on this thread,rather quiet aren't we? Oh I forgot it's not a middle easterner who's responsible

cant speak for the others but actually have been discussing exactly this on the ISoc yesterday

noted there as usual that ISoc were discussing Only this and not the 20 other islamic terrorist murders accross the globe
Original post by QE2
People who support him or agree with his actions will not condemn him. It is something we see quite regularly.

BTW, there is a huge difference between "condemning" an act and "apologising" for it, and the former does not imply or require the latter.

I know that and either one should be done right now by his people. Only fair seeing as this is constantly imposed on minorities
Original post by QE2
I'd be surprised if anyone committing a mass killing on the grounds of ideology wasn't "mentally ill" to some degree.

However, if the perpetrator has made ideological statements that relate to the attack, it is terrorism. Regardless of the ideology, race or nationality.

I agree. Anyone who commits mass murder is mentally ill, but that doesn't stop it being terrorism.
Original post by Reformed
cant speak for the others but actually have been discussing exactly this on the ISoc yesterday

noted there as usual that ISoc were discussing Only this and not the 20 other islamic terrorist murders accross the globe

I'll check to see If you've condemned it later on
Reply 76
Religion is what unites such white supremacist organisations,they hide behind a 'Christian identity'.
Are there any passages in the Bible that explicitly call for the domination of non-whites by whites?
If there are, then White Supremacism is indeed a religious ideology comparable to Islam.
If there aren't, it isn't.
Original post by QE2
Are there any passages in the Bible that explicitly call for the domination of non-whites by whites?
If there are, then White Supremacism is indeed a religious ideology comparable to Islam.
If there aren't, it isn't.

I don't know why you're trying your hardest to asslick white supremacy today.
Original post by Olie
Yeah, but both sides are guilty of this sort of hypocrisy, I don't see much about the fact he was a Trump or Le Pen supporter on Breitbart, when of course if he was Muslim they'd be all over his support of ISIS, and it was the same with the murderer of Jo Cox, they focused entirely on his mental illness and swept the fact he was clearly influenced by an ideology just like any ISIS terrorist under the carpet.

Breitbart and ISIS aren't really comparable though, are they? One's a news website and one's a terrorist organisation.
Reply 79
Original post by Al-farhan
Ah, so what I gather so far from this thread is that there are two sorts of terrorism (well actually only one sort of terror which is muzlamicsz terror, the other is just browns, muzlamicz or blacks getting shot by a poor white dude)
-terror type 1 the cutesy wootsy namby pamby oopsy woopsy people died but it is ok since it not our people. That can have some sort of justification in minds: it is Merkel's fault, refugees fault, they deserve it, duur quranicsz, blame anyone who shows sympathy or support to refugees and people who suffer around the world...etc That needs little to no condemnation or sympathy.
-terror type 2 the terrible abhor able, disgusting cowardly acts that we all need to condemn, have sympathy for victims and family, hold candle-lit vigils, colour our profile pictures with the flags of affected countries. Demand condemnation from every brown person and anyone affiliated to islam and if we are not presented with grovelling condemnations by every beardy person on our way to Tescos then they are suspect of being terrorists themselves. Also blame the above groups that were blamed for type1: Merkel, refugees..etc
You're trying too hard.
Every normal person condemns the Quebec attack just as much as they condemn the Orlando attack.
Obviously, there are people on both sides who tacitly support the actions of the attackers and refuse to condemn them, but they are in the minority and they themselves usually receive condemnation from the others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending