The Student Room Group

Surprise surprise, identity of Quebec shooter revealed!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
Speak up against it then seeing as youre always bad mouthing brown people/middle easterners.

He committed murder, and should be punished for it.
Original post by MildredMalone
He committed murder, and should be punished for it.

He committed an act of terror.he Is a terrorist. Say it how it is bish
Reply 82
The white supremacists apologists/closet white supremacists are trying their hardest to excuse
Well, if they are White Supremacists, they will obviously try to excuse it. Just as Militant Islamists try to excuse attacks by Muslims. I fail to see what the point is.

If Bissonnette's motive and justification was ideological, then the attack was terrorism and he is a terrorist. And it is to be unequivocally condemned.
That is all there is to it.
There are idiots on all sides who will always say "yes, killing is usually wrong, but....",if the attacker is from their particular in-group.
But that is not the approach of the sensible majority

this but I feel if it was a brown person with middle eastern origin,we would be on page 100 of this thread but because it's a white European it's okay? Who care right? ****ing double standards
The simple facts of Brexit and Trump shuld tell you that there are a lot of racist, xenophobic, hard of thinking people about. And some will probably say "who cares, good riddance". Just as some in other groups will say the same after other attacks. It's a sad fact but we should not let the abhorrent behaviour of the minority taint the reasonable majority. We should not generalise - about any group.
And BTW, Canada isn't in Europe any more.
Reply 83
Original post by childofthesun
Where are the hashtags? Where are the facebook filters?
So, you don't read the news or go on social media then?
I have a Canadian flag filter on my profile pic, as do some of my friends. I had a Turkish one after New Year. Stop trying to construct issues that don't exist.
The Eiffel tower was darkened.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/international-tribute-quebec-city-mosque-reax-1.3957901

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/quebec-mosque-attack-social-media-tributes-pour-170130151233911.html
Reply 84
#only white lives matter

Haven't you gotten the memo habibti?

****ing double standards.
TBH, the only double standards worth mentioning are by the people who refuse to condemn some attacks, then berate people who condemn every attack for not condemning every attack.

You couldn't make it up!
I'll check to see If you've condemned it later on

i condemn all terrorist attacks - its just the reality that there are more islamisit terroist attacks than any other
Reply 86
Preach!
I agree.
Anyone who refuses to unreservedly condemn an attack is guilty of tacit approval of it.
Unfortunately, you will perhaps find that the people most vocal about accusing "whites" (really?) of not condemning this attack steadfastly refuse to condemn other attacks by adherents of a different ideology.

#hypocriticalshitdribblers
@Onde @jape @underscore_ hot chai,anyone?

When did I say it wasn't terrorism? What you're failing to understand is this person is a white supremacist meaning that if you expect muslims to condemn all terrorist attacks carried out by muslims then only white supremacists would need to condemn this attack

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
I know that and either one should be done right now by his people.
Wrong. Apology is only appropriate from those bearing some responsibility.
Condemnation is appropriate from anyone.

Only fair seeing as this is constantly imposed on minorities
Honestly, this is another example of the mythology of victimhood. "Minorities" are not constantly required to apologise for things that they are not responsible for (let's call a spade a spade - we are talking about Muslims/Islamist attacks here).
However, it is not unreasonable to expect people to condemn such attacks. I condemn them - and I don't even share the ideology of the attackers!
Likewise I condemn the attacks of far-right attackers like this one. Unreservedly. No buts.
But no, we get the usual "why should I condemn it" blather. Because it's wrong, and you are opposed to it! That's why, FFS!!

Refusing to unequivocally condemn any such attacks does nothing but suggest tacit support for them. I mean, when West Ham supporters are involved in thuggery, the club doesn't refuse to condemn the violence "because they are just a minority", or because "West Ham is a Club of Peace", or because people expect them to condemn it.
They condemn it because it is the right thing to do and it publicly distances themselves from the unacceptable actions of a few people with a connection to the club.
It really isn't a difficult concept!
Reply 89
I don't know why you're trying your hardest to asslick white supremacy today.
Ah, I see what you problem is here.
You think that pointing out someone's fallacious argument means that they must support the thing that person was attacking.
Easy mistake to make, especially if you have difficulty understanding simple concepts. I'll try and explain for you.

Person A: Hitler wrote Das Kapital
Person B: No, Hitler wrote Mein Kampf
Person A: Don't know why you're trying to asslick Hitler today.

Let me know if you're still having problems and I'll draw pictures for you.
He reminds me of Tobey Maguire a lil bit for some reason.

I like how every time a white guy commits a crime somebody turns it into a debate on the semantics of the word terrorism, which is kinda pointless given that the law likely has very clear definitions for these sorts of things.
Original post by StephenWond3rboy
He seems to have been influenced and empowered by a foreign ideology that is against the liberal values of Canadian society. It is only fitting the Canadian government intervenes in the flow of people coming from these hate preaching countries with a blanket ban.

On liberal Canadian values...

If you're not a refugee, or have family already in the country, unless you're a sports star or (for some reason) a farmer, it's pretty tough to migrate to Canada.

It could be said that the reason the Canadian PM is so open to refugees is because currently Canada (for obvious geographical reasons) only takes a very small number, similarly Canada has no land border with Mexico, and it's very easy to be generous when migration isn't actually a current problem.

European countries accept more refugees by orders of magnitude. It's not impossible that if Canada took anything like the same numbers, their attitudes would shift markedly in a very short space of time.
Reply 92
Original post by Moonstruck16
Whilst you are correct, it's the attitued of the person you replied to that makes people who are mentally ill fear speaking out. They get associated with acts like this.

I don't think that's the case.

Nah,it's because it suits your islamophobic agenda.

Islamophobic isn't a real word. It doesn't mean anything. Do you want to clarify what you're accusing me of?

Anyway,any person with common sense should already know this is a terrorist attack,those making excuses aren't most likely white supremacists themselves,not my business.

I think you mean "are". You're wrong, but there's no point trying to convince you of that.

Okay,white supremacists are Innocents and we shouldn't really be worried about their white supremacists terrorist actions but instead focus it all on brown people who are the real threat blah blah blah,is this sufficient enough?

I literally just wrote that I want him to be killed by the State, so I'm not sure why you're implying I'm soft on white supremacist terrorists. But the fact is that there's a billion people in the world who follow the word of a string of books promoting and incentivising murder and suicide bombings. That's a bigger problem, and anyone with a brain can see that fact.
@astutehirstute @Reformed @KingBradley I'm suprised I haven't found you both on this thread,rather quiet aren't we? Oh I forgot it's not a middle easterner who's responsible

I've been doing my tax return, hon. :rolleyes:

What do you want us to say anyway?

A mentally ill person has committed a frightful atrocity against Muslim immigrants.

And we live in an appalling world in which nutjob Muslim Jihadists murder innocent westerners on the streets of their cities and so nutjob westerners kill innocent Muslim immigrants at prayer to their god in revenge.

Why are you seeking to make a political point out of this sad story?
All these white supremacy apologists have had their cages rattled
Original post by astutehirstute
I've been doing my tax return, hon. :rolleyes:

What do you want us to say anyway?

A mentally ill person has committed a frightful atrocity against Muslim immigrants.

And we live in an appalling world in which nutjob Muslim Jihadists murder innocent westerners on the streets of their cities and so nutjob westerners kill innocent Muslim immigrants at prayer to their god in revenge.

Why are you seeking to make a political point out of this sad story?

Mentally ill? Give me a ****ing break. How do you know he's mentally ill. Stop making excuses for white supremacists.

Look at them language used in both paragraphs. The first paragraph just seems like you don't give a **** because the guys is white.

The second has hateful rhetoric because I'm assuming your way referring to brown people/Arabs or minorities who follow Islam.

Sad times
Original post by jape
I don't think that's the case.

Islamophobic isn't a real word. It doesn't mean anything. Do you want to clarify what you're accusing me of?

I think you mean "are". You're wrong, but there's no point trying to convince you of that.

I literally just wrote that I want him to be killed by the State, so I'm not sure why you're implying I'm soft on white supremacist terrorists. But the fact is that there's a billion people in the world who follow the word of a string of books promoting and incentivising murder and suicide bombings. That's a bigger problem, and anyone with a brain can see that fact.

It is a real word

Why do you always feel the need to compare it to Islam or Muslims ? Why can't you see it for what It is an de condemn it? It's like you're trying to downplay it on purpose by finding every excuse to make it not look as bad.
White extremists are just as bad,Christ!
Original post by QE2
Well, if they are White Supremacists, they will obviously try to excuse it. Just as Militant Islamists try to excuse attacks by Muslims. I fail to see what the point is.

If Bissonnette's motive and justification was ideological, then the attack was terrorism and he is a terrorist. And it is to be unequivocally condemned.
That is all there is to it.
There are idiots on all sides who will always say "yes, killing is usually wrong, but....",if the attacker is from their particular in-group.
But that is not the approach of the sensible majority

The simple facts of Brexit and Trump shuld tell you that there are a lot of racist, xenophobic, hard of thinking people about. And some will probably say "who cares, good riddance". Just as some in other groups will say the same after other attacks. It's a sad fact but we should not let the abhorrent behaviour of the minority taint the reasonable majority. We should not generalise - about any group.
And BTW, Canada isn't in Europe any more.

Excuses excuses excuses
Original post by saraxh
Not suprised & Ew

Ew?

Original post by Houthi3
all white people must openly condemn this terrorist otherwise you'd be complicit...

Older brother, where have you been?
Mentally ill? Give me a ****ing break. How do you know he's mentally ill. Stop making excuses for white supremacists.

Look at them language used in both paragraphs. The first paragraph just seems like you don't give a **** because the guys is white.

The second has hateful rhetoric because I'm assuming your way referring to brown people/Arabs or minorities who follow Islam.

Sad times

Of course he is mentally ill.

What sane person goes into a mosque and shoots people?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending