The Student Room Group

2017 Oxford Prospective Students [part 2]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saes
(2 days later....)
We need to liven it up!! How are you guys doing? :biggrin:

Got my feedback yesterday. Did surprisingly poorly on one part of the CAT.
Reply 341
Original post by fablereader
Got my feedback yesterday. Did surprisingly poorly on one part of the CAT.

Oh :frown:
What are your plans now?
Original post by saes
Oh :frown:
What are your plans now?

Still waiting for the other decisions before I make any real plans ... apart from that, brush up on my Latin vocabulary, especially of the sort used in poetry (that's probably what killed me).
Reply 343
Still waiting for the other decisions before I make any real plans ... apart from that, brush up on my Latin vocabulary, especially of the sort used in poetry (that's probably what killed me).

What other unis did you apply to?
Original post by saes
What other unis did you apply to?

I've got offers from Durham and Trinity St. David, and waiting for UCL and St. Andrews.
Reply 345
I've got offers from Durham and Trinity St. David, and waiting for UCL and St. Andrews.

Well then you have a good backup!
I'm waiting too, but I don't think I'll go to the UK unless it's for Oxford..
Original post by saes
Well then you have a good backup!
I'm waiting too, but I don't think I'll go to the UK unless it's for Oxford..

Indeed. Well, Oxford is great, but don't dismiss the rest without consideration.
Reply 347
Indeed. Well, Oxford is great, but don't dismiss the rest without consideration.

Yeah I know that makes it difficult :frown: I'll see how the swedish admissions turn out, but we don't get results until July/August..

Did you deliberately set out to have the biggest possible contrast between your options, fablereader? You must win some sort of prize for applying to both UCL and Trinity St David!
Original post by saes
Yeah I know that makes it difficult :frown: I'll see how the swedish admissions turn out, but we don't get results until July/August..

Ah. I hope it all turns out well for you!

Original post by OxFossil
Did you deliberately set out to have the biggest possible contrast between your options, fablereader? You must win some sort of prize for applying to both UCL and Trinity St David!

Not necessarily, no. :laugh: To be honest, I was really going for Oxford, and I added in TSD early on almost as a small confidence-booster, and didn't really think too much about other options until Oxford rejected me.

Not necessarily, no. :laugh: To be honest, I was really going for Oxford, and I added in TSD early on almost as a small confidence-booster, and didn't really think too much about other options until Oxford rejected me.

Well, speaking as a Welshman, you won't find me disrespecting TSD. Plus, I see they have just posted a report of a Humanities "field trip" to the Ashmolean....!
Original post by OxFossil
Well, speaking as a Welshman, you won't find me disrespecting TSD. Plus, I see they have just posted a report of a Humanities "field trip" to the Ashmolean....!

So I've heard. Going to read it sometime as a relaxant/Oxford nostalgia creator.
Reply 352
Ah. I hope it all turns out well for you!

I just got accepted to UCL. Wow, now deciding will be difficult...
Original post by saes

Congrats for the offer! :smile: Did you get one of those annoying, ambiguously titled emails about the department beforehand as well?
Reply 354
Congrats for the offer! :smile: Did you get one of those annoying, ambiguously titled emails about the department beforehand as well?

Thank you!! No, I've only gotten it through Track so I'm yet to hear from them directly. It feels so weird, I was sure I was going to be rejected. Not sure if I'll end up going though, free tutition in Sweden might be a better choice (especially with brexit..). However, it was surely a confidence boost to get accepted! And now I have a great opportunity at least :smile: but oh how difficult it will be to decide, ughhhh
Original post by saes

Congrats man, maybe I'll see you there :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 356
Original post by wolfmoon88
Congrats man, maybe I'll see you there :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!!! Yeah, maybe! I have so many different options now it makes me dizzy
Original post by saes
Thanks!!! Yeah, maybe! I have so many different options now it makes me dizzy

Yeah same :smile: so much choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
apparently music acceptance rate was 48% this year
thanks for making me feel better, statistics xDD

(however this is also reassuring - i got an interview w ABBB at AS so if I can bump it up at A2 - which would also make me less nervous - there's a decent chance)
Original post by auburnstar
apparently music acceptance rate was 48% this year
thanks for making me feel better, statistics xDD

(however this is also reassuring - i got an interview w ABBB at AS so if I can bump it up at A2 - which would also make me less nervous - there's a decent chance)

How do you know the stats if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending