The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Fast track June 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bgnetf
Hi Sarah no I haven't, I contacted them last week and they said it will work today but just tried to log in and still not working. I'll leave it a couple hours and if it doesn't let me log in I'll contact them again.

A couple of you have said you've done the finance? I thought you couldn't submit until May?

Thanks! Yeah I tried before and still nothing too.
If you do let me know what they say. :smile:
Yeah student finance for sept loans.
The application is available now and has to be completed and have all evidence in by end of May. - I've worked for the company a few years back. And if you need to send stuff in it can take 6-8 weeks before they'll process it.
My advise for anyone do it as soon as possible just the longer you wait the longer the waiting time is and the longer you'll have to wait for loans to come in. Just go on the gov website and apply :smile:
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by Sarah7mac
Yes, my student finance has been submitted & approved :smile:

Sarah7mac
When did you do your student finance?
And has it been approved already??
That's fast isn't it?mine has been submitted and I get my letter end off March so should be sorted then 😂 👍
Maybe because I have kids and it's my first time 😂
How come yours was approved so soon? Have you done this before?

Kim
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kim82!
Sarah7mac
When did you do your student finance?
And has it been approved already??
That's fast isn't it?mine has been submitted and I get my letter end off March so should be sorted then 😂 👍
Maybe because I have kids and it's my first time 😂
How come yours was approved so soon? Have you done this before?

Kim

Yes, I applied and two days later it was approved.
The reasons why was approved so fast -
One, I have worked for the company so I know how it all works.
two, The reason why it was approved so fast is because mine was a straight forward application.

To break it down.

You can get tution fee and maintenance loan approved at basic amounts or apply for the higher amount, but that has to be means tested to be awarded. If your income for tax years 14/15 was lower than 25k you'll be award the full amount of loans. The higher the household income was the lower the loan will be awarded.

If the student is 25 years old or over you are classed as non dependent so you don't need to send in evidence for means testing to get the higher loans. -
the household income will be just be based on the student themselves. So it's just a straight forward application. (Like mine)

If you're younger than 25 years old and want to apply for higher loans and not just the standard amount you send in evidence of household income which will be from 14/15 tax year (it's always a year behind the evidence they need) it takes time to process the evidence and be applied. Usually takes 2 weeks to scan evidences onto your account and then about 6 weeks to be approved.

And it's the same process if you have children or adult dependents or disability- because you need evidence it needs time to process and all go through.

Don't worry once you've done this, the years after you just reapply and it'll be more simple because they already have details from this year.

Hope this information helps!

:smile:
Reply 43
Yes, I applied and two days later it was approved.
The reasons why was approved so fast -
One, I have worked for the company so I know how it all works.
two, The reason why it was approved so fast is because mine was a straight forward application.

To break it down.

You can get tution fee and maintenance loan approved at basic amounts or apply for the higher amount, but that has to be means tested to be awarded. If your income for tax years 14/15 was lower than 25k you'll be award the full amount of loans. The higher the household income was the lower the loan will be awarded.

If the student is 25 years old or over you are classed as non dependent so you don't need to send in evidence for means testing to get the higher loans. -
the household income will be just be based on the student themselves. So it's just a straight forward application. (Like mine)

If you're younger than 25 years old and want to apply for higher loans and not just the standard amount you send in evidence of household income which will be from 14/15 tax year (it's always a year behind the evidence they need) it takes time to process the evidence and be applied. Usually takes 2 weeks to scan evidences onto your account and then about 6 weeks to be approved.

And it's the same process if you have children or adult dependents or disability- because you need evidence it needs time to process and all go through.

Don't worry once you've done this, the years after you just reapply and it'll be more simple because they already have details from this year.

Hope this information helps!

Hiya Sarah7mac
Thanks for that
Just got a little worried then haha
But yeah all the evidence was send in a day later when I applied lol
So yeah mine should be done end of this month..

Thank you for that feel better now lol

Kim
Original post by Kim82!
Hiya Sarah7mac
Thanks for that
Just got a little worried then haha
But yeah all the evidence was send in a day later when I applied lol
So yeah mine should be done end of this month..

Thank you for that feel better now lol

Kim

Not a problem at all :smile:
If you have any other questions about it, just give me a shout.
If you've sent it in, I wouldn't worry - it's just annoying that it can take so long. I would jut keep an eye on your online account mid to end of the month, under correspondences, as it'll say in there if you need anything else before you'll receive a letter informing you.
I would also print off and send in the signed declaration now if you haven't already. Just so that's out the way, so when it's all approved you don't need to do anything else :smile:

Also just a heads up, even if it's approved on time. Don't rely on the payment dates they give you for the first payment. (Second and third are usually on time) It still will be usually a week after for the money to get into your account for the first payment only. That's why it's good the make sure you get everything in before may to avoid it being even later.
Reply 45
Not a problem at all :smile:
If you have any other questions about it, just give me a shout.
If you've sent it in, I wouldn't worry - it's just annoying that it can take so long. I would jut keep an eye on your online account mid to end of the month, under correspondences, as it'll say in there if you need anything else before you'll receive a letter informing you.
I would also print off and send in the signed declaration now if you haven't already. Just so that's out the way, so when it's all approved you don't need to do anything else :smile:

Also just a heads up, even if it's approved on time. Don't rely on the payment dates they give you for the first payment. (Second and third are usually on time) It still will be usually a week after for the money to get into your account for the first payment only. That's why it's good the make sure you get everything in before may to avoid it being even later.

Hiya Sarah7mac
Thank you
I have already send off the signed declaration and the evidence off a day later when I applied
(When post office is opened lol)
But yeah will keep an eye on the account nothing changed on it at the moment so will check later on the week lol

Thank you

Kim
Reply 46
Anyone been able to get into the accommodation application thing yet? I called them up earlier and was told I'd get a call back but that was around half 11 and not heard anything.
Original post by bgnetf
Anyone been able to get into the accommodation application thing yet? I called them up earlier and was told I'd get a call back but that was around half 11 and not heard anything.

Hey, I've just tried and managed to get logged on finally!
Reply 48
Hey, I've just tried and managed to get logged on finally!

Accommodation for Fastrack applied for finally!
Noticed there was an option to apply for Sept accommodation also, anyone know if we're meant to do that? I thought I saw somewhere that the opportunity to apply for the degree accommodation comes about during the course..
Original post by bgnetf
Accommodation for Fastrack applied for finally!
Noticed there was an option to apply for Sept accommodation also, anyone know if we're meant to do that? I thought I saw somewhere that the opportunity to apply for the degree accommodation comes about during the course..

Weight off isn't it! Haha.
I'm not having accommodation for fast track, because they pushed me to go for it due to how intense the course is. But sept I'm back at home. But I'm pretty sure they did say oh can apply at the interview:smile:
Hey guys, well done on being accepted I've just been accepted also. Is anybody doing Environmental science/geography?
Reply 51
Original post by Jack952001
Hey guys, well done on being accepted I've just been accepted also. Is anybody doing Environmental science/geography?

Jack952001
Congratulations 🎉🎉

No I am doing fastrack Law and Criminology.

Kim82

Yay well done.
Yes I am doing geography. I'm glad someone else is. Thought it was the only one for a second haha
Haha yeah I was a bit like that :P the tutor told me in the interview that they don't get many doing geography through fastrack.
Haha yeah I was a bit like that :P the tutor told me in the interview that they don't get many doing geography through fastrack.

That doesn't surprise me really.
Even with ba/bsc it's not the most favourable subject.
Least I know I'll not be by myself haha
Hello fellas and ladies,

Thought I'd join just to see if anyone else is starting the Fast Track in June! I have read the previous posts and it's good to see that you have been accepted, I was really happy when I got that email haha!

It would be cool to talk to people who are going to be doing this too. Is this you guys first attempt at going to Uni?

I'm doing History by the way ;-)

Daniel.
Reply 56
Original post by DanielG95
Hello fellas and ladies,

Thought I'd join just to see if anyone else is starting the Fast Track in June! I have read the previous posts and it's good to see that you have been accepted, I was really happy when I got that email haha!

It would be cool to talk to people who are going to be doing this too. Is this you guys first attempt at going to Uni?

I'm doing History by the way ;-)

Daniel.

Hello DanielG95

How are you?
Nice to read that your starting the course too in June 2017
What subject are you doing?
I am doing Law and Criminology and I can not wait to start🎉🎉👍

Kim82
Hi Kim

Yeah I'm looking forward to it too, I'm doing History. The uni looks nice, I hope that the tutors and that are good though!

Law to me seems like it would be difficult, but I suppose there are loads of jobs that it would help you get. Good luck with it.
Not long to go now. Well done to everyone who is starting. Looking forward to seeing you there 😊
Hello i have an interview for the Fast Track course next wednesday i am just wondering do you need to bring anything with you? For example ID, certificates etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending